• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking about buying Cyrious Software

Brandon708

Hi,

I was looking to buy some type of accounting software and I found this lady thats selling her Cyrious software w/ dongle for $150. She said I don't need to pay monthly fees to use it and she stopped paying for it 3 years ago.

What do you guys think about this?

I would do about 10 invoices a month (its very slow)

Thanks in advance.

seattlesignguy

I used this software in the past and remember paying alot more then $150 for it. It is a bit complicated so you would want to see if it comes with a support contract or how much support is going to cost you. I know that a lot of the issues where caused by our network being one of the first wireless networks with pc and mac on the interface.

Cons: You have to do a TON of upfront data entry of every material and cost associated with your business... then you have to set your mark up on everything. You need to put every order into the system so you have a consistant workflow. So an order for 3" helvetical black boat letters could take you a while to write up if you have not set up the right catagory or materials.

Pros: If you are the type of person that shoots from the hip on pricing this might be good for you to realize that every pole-pocket and grommet has a cost associated and you can profit or lose money if not addressed properly. This software can help you address this. It helped track jobs from quotes to production to invoice. Re-orders are great... It was really nice when a re-order came in and you could hit a button and all the file names, specs, and materials were listed on the file and ready to go.

10 orders a month? I would get quickbooks to create invoices if that is all you need, but if you want a software that you can take a lot of time setting up the variables up front it will be a bonus when you can have other people using it for quotes and they will be using formulas that you set up so things will be consistant (if you put it in correclty to begin with)... The shop I worked at used it for 3 years and swithed to something else a year after I left becuase it was too much work to make it work properly.

Sign_Boy

10 invoices per month - go with QuickBooks
JMO
Oh if you have an accountant you might want to check to see what version they recommend.

ma_dutch

Ok, so I’m a little biased on this one!

If you’re going to use QuickBooks and don’t need a large, elaborate system.

Self promoting portion removed.

Take Care!

Last edited by a moderator:

John L

Ummm, if you sell Sign-Tracker, I think we can say that but you can't unless you are already a MM here.

I vote for Quicken also.

Last edited:

Vicg

we use estimate and quick books 2009 along with intuit merchant services we do anywhere from 5 to 300 invoices monthly and have no issues , all 3 programs work together and no monthly payment except for the merchant part i think is $20. per month to process credit cards.
Vic