• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking of buying a second hand vs-540

Red/Black86

As the title says I'm thinking of trading my sc-500 for a vs-540.

What are people's opinions of these machines?

cheers

ken

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
As the title says I'm thinking of trading my sc-500 for a vs-540.

What are people's opinions of these machines?

cheers

ken

Roland makes a pretty great machine, the only thing that would worry me is the life of the printheads that are currently in the machine. If they are no good then it will cost you quite a few dollars to fix. How much are they asking for the machine?

Red/Black86

Roland makes a pretty great machine, the only thing that would worry me is the life of the printheads that are currently in the machine. If they are no good then it will cost you quite a few dollars to fix. How much are they asking for the machine?

£6,995 gbp. They said one of the print heads will be replaced before it's sent out to the new owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baz

I went from an SC-500 to the VS-540 about three years ago. Though i bought it new it has been a great machine for me.
I have mine set up as dual CMYK as it is the fastest setting. (Other configs will slow the printer down).
Like Bigfish says ... It really depends on how much you are paying and how much has the head been in use.
There is only one head but it is expensive to replace.

Red/Black86

I went from an SC-500 to the VS-540 about three years ago. Though i bought it new it has been a great machine for me.
I have mine set up as dual CMYK as it is the fastest setting. (Other configs will slow the printer down).
Like Bigfish says ... It really depends on how much you are paying and how much has the head been in use.
There is only one head but it is expensive to replace.

The particular printer I'm looking at is set up on dual cmyk at present. How many print heads does the vs-540 have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bilge

Get sg 540. It has 2 Ricoh GH2220 printheads, 500 US$ each, lifespan 3 times longer than DX7 which is mounted on VS 540. DX7 costs 1800US$ and in one word it's scam.