• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking of geting into Sublimation... Got a few question

Right now we do a bunch of heat transfors and are huge into the local sports market.

In a nutshell
You print out the design onto paper
You heat press it onto the shirt or whatever you want
and that's it?

Is there a place for more info?

WildWestDesigns

and that's it?

I

This is where it can get a little muddied.

You have to use synthetic materials, no blends. As it is dyeing the substrate, the substrates can't start off dark, but light colors.

If you want the shirt (or whatever) black, then I would start off with pure white and not some light color and just print and press everything onto the substrate.

If you do use a light color, pay very close attention to the design colors that you use. What you see on screen isn't necessarily what you are going to get. Remember, this is dyeing the fabric, so you'll have a mix of the light color that the shirt already is and then the color of the design. Colors become very important.

clarkhus

50/50 cotton polyester blends will work. The ink that is transferred to the cotton fabrics will wash off. This gives the shirt print a look of being old which some people look for. As was said you can only use lite colored fabric and you can not print white using dye sublimation.

WildWestDesigns

50/50 cotton polyester blends will work. The ink that is transferred to the cotton fabrics will wash off. This gives the shirt print a look of being old which some people look for. As was said you can only use lite colored fabric and you can not print white using dye sublimation.

That to me is a will not work. Yes, there are people that look for a distressed look, but it doesn't come out quite the same as other methods. I've seen far better results with DTG with proper treatment pre and post. And with Plastisols. Now it does depend on the ink, some are worse then others, some wash worse then others (especially with DTG). But the results that I have seen do far better then sublimation.

clarkhus

That to me is a will not work. Yes, there are people that look for a distressed look, but it doesn't come out quite the same as other methods. I've seen far better results with DTG with proper treatment pre and post. And with Plastisols. Now it does depend on the ink, some are worse then others, some wash worse then others (especially with DTG). But the results that I have seen do far better then sublimation.

That's fine for you. I'll stand by the few hundred shirts I have sold using 50/50 dye sub.

kheebl

skdave is probably the guy you want to talk to.He was very helpful to me when I was thinking about getting into sublimation.

Dennis422

skdave is a great source. Also, you can find him here and you can get more infor there too http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dye-sublimation/
I just did a 200 piece order of poly shirts with 2 color screen printing on the front and a full sublimated back.
Came out pretty good. Sublimated back, even after I suggested a screen print instead of sublimation, they insisted on it because they were installers shirts and they did not want them to have heavy ink on the shirt (Sweating while installing windows, window, roof and siding company)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 8.17.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 8.17.42 AM.png
    682.8 KB · Views: 213

BESTBLANKS

Sublimation Printing

Right now we do a bunch of heat transfors and are huge into the local sports market.

In a nutshell
You print out the design onto paper
and that's it?

Is there a place for more info?

Hi, Perhaps we can help. We are a large wholesale trade supplier in the sublimation and sign industry. We are glad to help you with any questions you have.
We have a wealth of information and you can learn about the different sublimation printers, papers, apparel, etc on this page: http://www.bestblanks.com/sublimation.html

Please call us with any question you have, again we are glad to help you! 888-431-7385 or 954-989-1250

Thanks for your post!
www.BestBlanks.com