• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

thinking of jumping off the mutoh boat

g1sammons

i have had a whole host of issue with my falcon outdoor 62
just wondering about the roland brand
i grew up from sign ware house with my first being a 38 falcon jr
and it seems like i work on these printers as much as i print on them
is this the case with roland printers as well
i know there are alot of support issues with mutoh or at least sign warehouse prismjets
any one had problem with roland on suport ?
also what model would be comparable to a falcon outdoor
what do and dont ya loke about your roland printers?
thanx ahead for any input!!
happy tahnxgiving

artbot

the only problem with rolands is they break down so seldom, they don't allow you get much maintenance experience.

ProWraps

Your comparing old technology to new. The falcon may as well be another manufacturer to the value jet line. Compare apples to apples before you make a decision.

R08

I went from Mutoh outdoor 48 to a used Roland SC540. THe difference is like night and day.

But I don't know about the newer Motoh's.

Sticky Signs

I agree with artbot. I miss the days of not getting any work done because I'm knee deep in ink, tools, parts, STRESS and dirty rags. It's kinda boring when all you have to do is hit print and get good results almost every time.
No really, I don't know squat about Mutoh but I do like my Roland. As mentioned above, make sure you compare apples to apples.

PromoGuyTy

The Boat

Just jumped of the Mutoh (Outdoor Falcon) Boat today. Jumped on the Epson GS6000 Boat.

4 years with Mutoh.

Pretty good prints....after multiple test prints....EVERY single time you wanna print...

boxerbay

Just jumped of the Mutoh (Outdoor Falcon) Boat today. Jumped on the Epson GS6000 Boat.

4 years with Mutoh.

Pretty good prints....after multiple test prints....EVERY single time you wanna print...

sorry to bust your bubble but your still on the Mutoh boat... sort of.

The epson GS6000 is a mutoh 1614 with epson electronics and epson head.

Mutoh assembles the Epson GS6000 in AZ.

Not a bad thing though the Epson GS6000 is a great printer. I have one.

Mosh

Come over to the Roalnd boat, thee is always room! I have been using Roland products since 1988 and only had ONE problem. (The PNC 5000 printer/cutter I got suck with)Other than that I have owned 15 Roland machines with NO problems, well any problems were fixed pretty quick!