• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking of puchase of Mutoh

Raster

We have 3 big roland printers, but we are thinking about a small Mutoh for small print jobs. Just wanted some input about which mutoh to buy. It needs to print for outdoors. I'm sure some of you could help me out.
Roland vs. mutoh? pros and cons?

Thanks for the info in advance!:notworthy:

MVIP

Scrambled or sunny side up?

Bacon or sausage?

It's really a preference thing!

I personally own 2 mutoh valuejets, and wouldn't change to a Roland. But this is because I am happy with the performance and don't want to stock different brands of ink.

I'm sure someone can chime in with a list of specs.

-matt

trakers

We just bought a VJ-1304. Feller's is selling them for $14K here http://fellers.com/pdfs/Mutoh1304Special.pdf , installed and trained. This was a couple thousand lower than any other bid we got, considering what we received.

Have been very happy with Feller's as well as Mutoh CS when we had questions. Both companies have made us feel like we are part of their family. Hopefully nothing will go wrong in the future, but if it does I trust we will receive the same good treatment.

BTW, the output from the Mutoh is breathtaking. I am picky as hell and I have yet to find a flaw with the output of this machine.

element7

I have a VJ 1604 I bought 2 years ago. Only have had issues with the pinch rollers and just had to replace a printhead. Otherwise I'm very happy with the machine, easy to work on and maintain. The tech guys at Mutoh are top notch. I can't say the same for the tech service company, but everyone has to make a living right?

I've never really been around anything but a Mutoh and only seen results of other machines, which I wasn't impressed by. That maybe user error, but I won't change what's working for me.

Good luck!

Pro Image

I have a 1204..........Not one problem with it in over 2 years......

I would recommend a Mutoh to anyone.......

Jackpine

I like the printer separate from the cutter. Better work flow with more production. It makes even more sense if one part of the print/cut machine needs repair.

HaroldDesign

I love my VJ 1604. You should pick up a few of them. Then pick up some cases of beer to send to the people who told you to go Mutoh.