• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinnest heat transfer material?

dirttoo

I am looking for the thinnest/softest heat transfer material. I did some shirts for a musicans benefit and the shirts had his album cover on the front. At almost 12" square it felt pretty stiff. It has to be able to go on dark shirts. I have tried a couple recommended to me but I would like thinner/softer yet. I have tried Sihl T-Printz 4578 but felt thick at 4.2mil. Then I tried Sihl T-Printz 3197 and still felt thick at 1.9 mil. I see Stahls has Express Print that is .088 mm thick. How does .088 mm compare to 1.9 mil? Has anybody used this Stahls product? Do you know of something better?

Mike_Koval

a 12" square is always going to feel like a patch regardless of how thin or thick the material is. The express print from Stahls is a great product. Imprintables direct comparison is the Eco-Print.

dirttoo

a 12" square is always going to feel like a patch regardless of how thin or thick the material is. The express print from Stahls is a great product. Imprintables direct comparison is the Eco-Print.

Thanks, How thick is the Eco-Print? It doesn't say on the website. Only comes in 20"? a lot of waste on a 12" design and not big enough to fit two designs.

DizzyMarkus

Hey Mike -- just received the rolls of Eco Print and Mask we ordered -- feels very very thin -- will let you know how we like it :0)

Markus

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We use Siser PU Matt...80 microns, very thin and flexible.
Needs a very new sharp blade (they recommend 50 degree) set to very shallow depth for cutting.
Gives good results.
Here's a link to their product sheet:

http://www.siser.it/images/schedeprodotto_en/Colorprint_PU_matt__ing.pdf

Interesting - the Colorprint PU here is thinner at 70 microns. http://siserna.com/print-cut-material/colorprint-pu# We use a lot of the stuff. Prints great and its about the thinnest one we have found.

dirttoo

The Colorprint PU is 2.8 thick and the Sihl T-Printz 3197 is only 1.9 thick. Am I missing something here or is thinnest not the best? Maybe softer is better not thinner. Has anybody compared Colorprint PU to Sihl T-Printz 3197 on a shirt?