Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinnest heat transfer material?

Discussion in 'Printwear' started by dirttoo, Apr 23, 2013.

1. dirttoo

dirttoo Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Illinois
    I am looking for the thinnest/softest heat transfer material. I did some shirts for a musicans benefit and the shirts had his album cover on the front. At almost 12" square it felt pretty stiff. It has to be able to go on dark shirts. I have tried a couple recommended to me but I would like thinner/softer yet. I have tried Sihl T-Printz 4578 but felt thick at 4.2mil. Then I tried Sihl T-Printz 3197 and still felt thick at 1.9 mil. I see Stahls has Express Print that is .088 mm thick. How does .088 mm compare to 1.9 mil? Has anybody used this Stahls product? Do you know of something better?

Tags:
  2. Mike_Koval

Mike_Koval Active Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Uniontown, PA
    a 12" square is always going to feel like a patch regardless of how thin or thick the material is. The express print from Stahls is a great product. Imprintables direct comparison is the Eco-Print.

3. dirttoo

dirttoo Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Illinois
    Thanks, How thick is the Eco-Print? It doesn't say on the website. Only comes in 20"? a lot of waste on a 12" design and not big enough to fit two designs.

4. Mike_Koval

Mike_Koval Active Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Uniontown, PA
    Eco Print is .088mm thick...same as Express Print. It is available in 20" and 40" rolls.

5. dirttoo

dirttoo Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Illinois

How does the Eco-Print compare to the Sihl T-Printz 3197 ?

6. Mike_Koval

Mike_Koval Active Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Uniontown, PA
    i would say it would compare in thickness and print quality but would outperform in durability.

7. Andyport

Andyport New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Australia
  8. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Hey Mike -- just received the rolls of Eco Print and Mask we ordered -- feels very very thin -- will let you know how we like it :0)

Markus

9. Mike_Koval

Mike_Koval Active Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Uniontown, PA
    sounds good. Look forward to your feedback

10. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Interesting - the Colorprint PU here is thinner at 70 microns. http://siserna.com/print-cut-material/colorprint-pu# We use a lot of the stuff. Prints great and its about the thinnest one we have found.

11. dirttoo

dirttoo Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Illinois
    The Colorprint PU is 2.8 thick and the Sihl T-Printz 3197 is only 1.9 thick. Am I missing something here or is thinnest not the best? Maybe softer is better not thinner. Has anybody compared Colorprint PU to Sihl T-Printz 3197 on a shirt?

12. TDFcustomSL

TDFcustomSL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Kansas
    I have been using the new EnduraTex Print from SW, extremely thin and flexible. Love it