• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Third Party Ecosol Max inks, Cuantek Review?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Man people are really passionate about hating or loving on aftermarket inks huh??

I can tell you this, I have worked with people on the back end of the ink industry and it's not all as complex as it seems. There are really only a few large ink manufacturers in the world and they make the ink for everyone else. All of the smaller ink sellers are total crap, don't use them. But really, chemistry is chemistry, all of these ink companies that have been making these chemicals for screen and offset presses have the knowledge and know-how to step into the piezo digital world, and they're doing it just fine.

I won't specifically say who's making who's ink or I'm sure I'll get tracked down and sued, but I can assure you that the Triangle replacements for vutek machines are absolutely equal to the OEM 3M product. The Bordeaux replacements for the vutek machines are fantastic and have no issues whatsoever, they also make a lot of brands' OEM inks. All of the Bordeaux stuff is equal to or better than the original manufacture. Ink Mill and Avery's merge is public knowledge, that was an obvious move to stop Ink Mill from side selling just like 3M's digital ink vendor is doing. Solvent inks are so easy to manufacture, as long as it's a big name company you wont have an issue. Digital UV is more complex, but this is also why the top 4 ink manufacturers in the world are making it for everyone else.

Bottom line, your printer company isn't making their own inks anymore - especially as they specialized and became so good at it and as the inks become more complex. Even more so, some inks really did have historical issues because print manufacturers did try to make it themselves, and they sucked.

I have always customized my printers, whether it's a $10k unit or $300k, and I have used 3 ink manufacturers that make the OEM's and side-sell without issues for years. IF you know what you're buying, you can absolutely buy the exact same manufactured product at a 40%-ish discount by going direct to the chemical company. Oh and the chemical company usually owns the patent, not the printer! No one said it was smart to go buy Chinese ink ... these big guys are all right here in the US of A.

Either way ... it gets more complex the more you dig into it, but if I can do it ... it's not rocket science, it just takes some extra effort.

You are correct about the best being made in the USA. Glycol in the Asian market is not like Glycol in the US, would you agree on that?

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
You are correct about the best being made in the USA. Glycol in the Asian market is not like Glycol in the US, would you agree on that?
I'm not a chemist and can't speak to it on that level. I am very familiar with it from a use and business end, but not chemically. I've also been around tons of Chinese equipment and industrialists to know that Chinese price and quality is often the same: very low.

I've also seen plenty of Chinese knockoff presses/finishing machines that are EXACT ripoffs of American units. Definitely don't work the same.

Either way, the world's biggest and best ink manufacturers are in USA. The only major exception is Bordeaux which is in Israel. And for some reason Israel has pockets of awesome technology pop out of it. Like cyber security or the MASSIVit 3D units lol.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
How do you know Bordeaux ink is made in Israel? Been there at their factory before or people tell you things over the phone and you believed it ?

:)

ChicagoGraphics

See what Google pops up,
Bordeaux, the Israeli inkjet ink manufacturer has partnered with Anitech to provide Anitech’s customers with Bordeaux’s intelligent ink solutions.

“The combination of Anitech’s deployment and knowledge of the Australian market, technical support and good reputation makes is the best platform Bordeaux could hope for to leverage our products in Australia and in the Asia Pacific rim” said Dror Mualem, VP Sales and Marketing of Bordeaux Digital Print Ink Ltd.

Barry Grant, Anitech's GM said that "Anitech’s cooperation with Bordeaux was a necessary one to ensure prominence in the consumables market."

Anitech will promote Bordeaux’s superb eco solvent ink line which are intended for the medium sized printers such as the Roland, Mutoh and the Mimaki printer range and will complement and enhance the existing ink market which Anitech currently services.

This ink gained its reputation by being the industry’s first Mix & Match ink. Bordeaux’s Mix & Match feature enables seamless swapping with the original ink without the need to flush, change settings or adjust colour profiles.

Bordeaux and Anitech will be jointly exhibiting at next week's VIIE show.

Anitech
www.anitech.com.au

Ryan Murphy

312637131_2107230769665603_2937220048873616410_n.jpg
313844629_819018079426580_9178764527886346045_n.jpg
310973848_3358670607732349_2880526148989625536_n.jpg
313081607_800993450994984_3981153669395632257_n.jpg