• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Third Party Inks!!!!!!!!!

tooserious

I have Mimaki JV3 130 SPII and was wondering if anty one is using Bordeaux or Mega Ink Instead of the SS2......Or if you have a Suggestion Thank you

Jack Knight1979

I have a roland. The heads are the same as yours.

I used to use Triangle inks for years and then switched to Solaris from Fellers. They are AWESOME. ZERO problems.

First 3rd party ink to be trouble free. I'm running from bulk tanks.

OCsteve

We have a JV 3 160 and switched to Lyson cartridges. Just plugged them in and kept on printing. No noticable difference and 20% cheaper than Mimaki inks.

GTSTech_1

All 3rd party inks are good until your 1st bad batch of ink, carts, or chips (mimaki/mutoh). After that, let's hear the reviews.

My .02

chopper

All 3rd party inks are good until your 1st bad batch of ink, carts, or chips (mimaki/mutoh). After that, let's hear the reviews.

My .02

this is true but also same problem exists with the factory inks so this argument holds no water, I have run the factory inks, and three diffrent brands of aftermarket inks, with better performance from the aftermarket inks hands down, and I am now running triangle inks ( bulk system)
//chopper

Rooster

Has anybody ever tested color consistency from batch to batch with their 3rd party inks?

This is one of the major issues holding me back from switching from the OEM ES3 inks.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Fieldcenter USA will soon introduce odor-free solvent ink made in Japan. Solvent smell is no longer a problem or concern. Ink has been tested and improved from the past three years. Stay Tuned.

Fieldcenter USA / J-STAR II Ink

CustomRide

Those nazdar inks are great....no color shift problems...they are plug and play no flushing the machine. No venting. Colors actually looked a little brighter when next to each other on same files. Inks seem a little more durable....a lot of positives for less.

gabagoo

Those nazdar inks are great....no color shift problems...they are plug and play no flushing the machine. No venting. Colors actually looked a little brighter when next to each other on same files. Inks seem a little more durable....a lot of positives for less.

do they come in cartridges and if so what is the cost?

gabagoo

heyskull

I have recently swapped to Lyson Inks on our Valuejet the savings were amazing.
We were paying £56 for a 200ml OEM cartridge, I can buy Lyson 400ml for £40!!!!!
So I have saved loads on ink.
The switch over was easy with a few small ink charges and the colours are exactly as before.
I have Printed about 100 Metres of material on the new inks and can't fault it.
Only thing I can say is there is a larger Solvent Smell with them but that's it.

SC

MachServTech

so you just load these inks as the oems need replacement? seeing that they say there will be virtually no difference in profile I can only think this is the way to work them? I am hesitant yet interested. Anybody in the great white north selling these?

Not sure about Canada, but the Nazdar inks do work quite well, the only issues is that the machine requires more TLC in dry conditions and a little solvent in the caps over the weekend to keep things clean...I suspect the reason for this may be a higher solvent content (thus more crusties), but the colors are as close as I have seen to OEM and there are no harmful effects from top loading. Nazdar claims it is compatible with the OEM.
The only other issue I have seen is an misting or overspray when the carriage is in the high position.

gabagoo

Not sure about Canada, but the Nazdar inks do work quite well, the only issues is that the machine requires more TLC in dry conditions and a little solvent in the caps over the weekend to keep things clean...I suspect the reason for this may be a higher solvent content (thus more crusties), but the colors are as close as I have seen to OEM and there are no harmful effects from top loading. Nazdar claims it is compatible with the OEM.
The only other issue I have seen is an misting or overspray when the carriage is in the high position.

what do you mean solvent in the caps over the weekend. I do a nozzle wash every friday, is that the same or do you actually let the heads sit in the solution for 2 days?

MachServTech

what do you mean solvent in the caps over the weekend. I do a nozzle wash every friday, is that the same or do you actually let the heads sit in the solution for 2 days?

Nozzle wash is about the same thing, the only difference is you are using ink to do the same job. I find the clear solvent is cheaper.

high impact

I ranted and raved about Triangle inks and the money I was saving until I switched to Roland inks. I now disagree with the positive Triangle reviews. I ran triangle bulk ink for over three years and we were constantly cleaning and flushing heads with considerable nozzle dropout constantly. It was very frustrating since I could never dial in my profiles either. The only good thing is that our laminated outdoor prints look like brand new to this day.

A couple of months ago I had enough of the maintenance issues so I changed the heads, dampers, wipers, flushed the lines, etc...and here's the kicker, the rubber o-rings at the base of the cartridge were gone! Yes, totally gone - the mild solvent ink ate them until they were non-existent.

Once we threw the overpriced bulk ink system on the shelf and started printing with the Roland inks I was amazed, our profiles are on the money and every maintenance issue we had before is gone. This machine is enjoyable to print for the first time in over three years. I didn't know how easy it could be to hit the print button and get great colors out of the gate with no screwing around with the nozzles for an hour first.

JETBEST USA

I have heard good things about Bordeaux Inks. Haven’t heard much about Mega Inks. Signs 101 is a great source to find information, I suggest you do your research. However, if you are interested you could try JETBEST INKS. These inks produce great results and customers are satisfied with it. If you need any information please contact:

Angel Ochoa,
(818) 287 5899,
angel@jetbestusa.com

Last edited: