Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Third Party Sublimation

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Eric Follmuth, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Eric Follmuth

Eric Follmuth New Member

Mar 8, 2019
    Mason City
    We have been in the banner/decal biz for a little over a year. We have been in the textile decoration biz for over 10 years. We have a larger customer that we can help with some banner printing, but they ware wanting large quantities of sublimated items (pole flags, table cloths, tent tops).

Any suggestion for a trade/third party to help with these products?

Tags:
  2. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    I don't know if anyone can beat B2Sign's pricing. Quality is passable for most jobs. Flags will last like 3 months and we get compliments all the time on the table covers they make. Some of the other fitted products, not so much. For higher quality stuff we look at WS Display. Showdown Display probably makes good stuff, but their pricing is sky high.

3. premiercolour

premiercolour A Mutoh, Mimaki dealer for sales and services

Entry level for printing dye sublimation is not as much as solvent. Mutoh RJ900X = $7500. Rip software is about $1,000. Dye sub ink is $70/liter, 44"x328' transfer paper is $88. And fabric. I am more than happy to answer questions. We sell above product.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ABA Visibility Products

ABA Visibility Products Merchant Member

Jan 3, 2019
    Salt Lake City, UT
    We can do all of this for you. Give us a call! 801-305-1655 or email sales@abacatalog.com. Tents, Table Skirts and pole flags are our specialties!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Don't you need a huge heat press also? Dye sub is interesting. I wanted to get one for my home...but all the real estate the heat press would use turned me away from it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Use a merchant member who supports this community, B2 quality seems super low. Try the guys at ABA mentioned above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    I was going to mention this as well. You'll need typically a Calendared Rotary Heat Press as well. Surprised that this wasn't mentioned.

8. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    there are plenty of direct dye disperse machines out there with inline calendar so no need for 2 separate machines. more expensive but a massive timesaver.

9. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    Massive difference in price also. Especially when you need a inline machine that will properly sublimate thicker fabrics. Many of the brands selling inline machines like the lower end Telios machines are sold as "Flag Printers" which can sublimate thin flag type fabrics. To get a suitable inline solution, the price point goes up exponentially and is NOT considered an entry level solution. Best solution is to outsource for the majority of shops that have this need.

10. Category5

Category5 New Member

Mar 4, 2019
    Orange Beach, AL
    As much as it pains me to admit it, I Farm out big sublimation jobs to China.