• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Third Party Sublimation

Eric Follmuth

We have been in the banner/decal biz for a little over a year. We have been in the textile decoration biz for over 10 years. We have a larger customer that we can help with some banner printing, but they ware wanting large quantities of sublimated items (pole flags, table cloths, tent tops).

Any suggestion for a trade/third party to help with these products?

bannertime

I don't know if anyone can beat B2Sign's pricing. Quality is passable for most jobs. Flags will last like 3 months and we get compliments all the time on the table covers they make. Some of the other fitted products, not so much. For higher quality stuff we look at WS Display. Showdown Display probably makes good stuff, but their pricing is sky high.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I don't know if anyone can beat B2Sign's pricing. Quality is passable for most jobs. Flags will last like 3 months and we get compliments all the time on the table covers they make. Some of the other fitted products, not so much. For higher quality stuff we look at WS Display. Showdown Display probably makes good stuff, but their pricing is sky high.

Entry level for printing dye sublimation is not as much as solvent. Mutoh RJ900X = $7500. Rip software is about $1,000. Dye sub ink is $70/liter, 44"x328' transfer paper is $88. And fabric. I am more than happy to answer questions. We sell above product.

ikarasu

Entry level for printing dye sublimation is not as much as solvent. Mutoh RJ900X = $7500. Rip software is about $1,000. Dye sub ink is $70/liter, 44"x328' transfer paper is $88. And fabric. I am more than happy to answer questions. We sell above product.

Don't you need a huge heat press also? Dye sub is interesting. I wanted to get one for my home...but all the real estate the heat press would use turned me away from it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Use a merchant member who supports this community, B2 quality seems super low. Try the guys at ABA mentioned above.

flyplainsdrifta

there are plenty of direct dye disperse machines out there with inline calendar so no need for 2 separate machines. more expensive but a massive timesaver.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
there are plenty of direct dye disperse machines out there with inline calendar so no need for 2 separate machines. more expensive but a massive timesaver.

Massive difference in price also. Especially when you need a inline machine that will properly sublimate thicker fabrics. Many of the brands selling inline machines like the lower end Telios machines are sold as "Flag Printers" which can sublimate thin flag type fabrics. To get a suitable inline solution, the price point goes up exponentially and is NOT considered an entry level solution. Best solution is to outsource for the majority of shops that have this need.