• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Third party wiper/dampers/caps etc.

kffernandez

hi all!

for those who have used third party parts [probably from china] for your roland printers, i was wondering what kind of luck you've had with them. i have tried the dampers, and the capping station for my SC-540 [DX4 heads] and they seem to be performing ok. but my silicon wiper [translucent white] seems to be a bit taller... and i've read from another site that they might cause wiper motor damage - anybody have experience with these?

other parts i've seen were pumps, data cables, encoder strips, head tops, and silicon hoses - but i've never had the chance to try them out yet.

kelly

artbot

the data cables are actually a higher grade, dampers same, hoses (get those off of smallparts.com for half the price i've seen anywhere else), manifolds no different.

the only thing i got that was subpar was a pump. just didn't seem to pull that well.

tomence

the data cables are actually a higher grade, dampers same, hoses (get those off of smallparts.com for half the price i've seen anywhere else), manifolds no different.

the only thing i got that was subpar was a pump. just didn't seem to pull that well.

Which tubing or hoses do you get from smallparts.com, there is few different ones.

artbot

i ordered a bunch of the silicone "pump" tube. don't remember exactly which one. measured what i had with a caliper and went with that. got a ton for cheap.

Gabriel

Hi,
There is no problem with those wipers. I use them for 4 tyears. No problem until now. I also have a Roland.

sfr table hockey

i ordered a bunch of the silicone "pump" tube. don't remember exactly which one. measured what i had with a caliper and went with that. got a ton for cheap.

Have you been able to find the thinner clear tube that runs from under the cap tops as an air or vaccume line. On the old Rolands it is supposed to be clear from ink so more for air to pass through so I was wondering if any tube would work as long as it fit?

Sorry for the :thread

Just replaced the tubing in a pump and it was not too bad, but now I know that there is no need to have a solvent pump if you replace the tubing with solvent tube. The tube is the only thing that holds or touches the ink. Unless gears get stripped there should be no reason a pump would need to be thrown out. I wonder how many have been removed just due to blockage and tossed?

inkmed

Actually, the small parts include damper, wiper, pump, cap top, data cable, tube and permanent chips from China are high quality and competive.

For example, tygon tube from China is $9 each meter, there is no difference with Japanese tygon tube.
And the pump with high quality solvent tube is good pump too.
Printer service company will save many cost with Chinese printer parts.

Adam from Inkmed