• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This Economy!!!

Mosh

I had Telmarketer call telling me I need his service because of "this economy" Guess what!!! Here in Nebraska unemployment is 3.9% and soybeans are around $12.50, this is the BEST economy we have had in 25 years. So I told this guy I am hoping the Midwest breaks away from the rest of the nation cause out here we live within our means.....Sorry rest of the US but life is BOOMIMG here in the flyover states!!! TIRED OR HEARING ABOUT THE COASTS PROBLEMS!!!!!!

edgette

As a Michigander I'm tired of hearing the excuses as well. I have only been increasing sales in the past year.

royster13

My May was the best in years and June has quite a buzz already....But most of that comes by knocking on a lot of doors....

tsgstl

My core customer base from 3-7 years ago are bulldozing me over. I haven't spent a dime or a minute advertising this year. Majority of my increase is customers who made it through the storm. They cut cost and downsized, now they are hiring and expanding. If you have been around through the last few years and you had a decent client base I think you will grow much faster than a new startup shop with only new younger customers.

I wouldn't say "I'm tired of peeps complaining"
I will feel waaay more comfortable when EVERYONE experiences what we are experiencing.

I think everything is fragile and could go either way. We havent had a big catastrophic event (Earthquake, Huricane, terrorist) in a while. Something like that could easily send us backward.

With less going on overseas we won't be spending so much on war stuff. Let's get those boys some work and all make some money.

SD&F

We are in the South and everyone has their own pitty party. I am at triple of what we did last year at this time. I have always had faith in those of us who continue to work hard through the doom and gloom of the media.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In our area, we're doing quite well, but I don't think many of the other sign shops are experiencing the same kinda business. I know many have gone out of business over the last few years, while some are slower than snails.

I count my blessings every day and try to stir up more work all the time to play it safe. Ya just never know.

Jack Knight1979

I'm down this year. Although there are some promising jobs on the horizon for us, which hasn't been the case in years. I think Maine is just slow to feel the comeback.

We're the first to feel it and the last to recover. haha.

otctech

Omaha has one of the best economies in the country and if I never watched/read any news I would have never known we were in a rescission.

That being said I have watched/read the news along with every other person and have been taking this opportunity to blame any and everything that goes wrong on the economy.

Late for work because of construction - economy.
My electric bill went up this month - economy.
Stubbed my toe on the couch - economy.

SD&F

I will say that we have lost atleast half of our old clientele(sign shops) that we had worked with for many years who went out of business. We have really had to look hard and seek out other sign shops, cities, municipalities, etc. and dig in.

Big House Signs

We are having a gangbuster year. I am thrilled! Even hired a designer...that I found on this board. "The Professor" started last week. She is great! So glad it is looking up for everyone!
Paula