• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This forum?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
use to be a real sign painter but then I took the blue pill and became a faux signographer and sold my soul to the devil. Although my work has been cheapened, I'm not eligible to do anything else.

the blue pill is for something else, check the label...

back to the dog piling, welcome aboard snobby!

geb

I'd guess that the bulk of the forum is populated by people who use the computer for most of their work. Whether it is simply cutting and/or printing vinyl, designing, or using the technology to drive mammoth beasts of sign fabrication and production, a topic addressing all types of sign specialties can be found with a few clicks of your mouse. You can explore these diverse topics in this section.

...and yes, there are traditional sign painters here. Check out this section of signs101.

Even more, here you can type in search terms pertinent to your interests. For example, walldogs, letterheads, pinstriping, and handpainted may return results that fit your interests. Links to forums that play to the niche of sign painting may even be contained in those topics. Likewise, using typical search engines may yield a discussion site more specialized to the art and craft of traditional sign painting.

Another tack that you might employ would be to post some of your work to generate an interest in the topic. There are old school members who understand and may contribute to the thread. While they may not be online at the time to answer questions immediately, there are those who may have an interest in the topic and may contribute another day. There are many useful bits of information that can be gleaned from these conversations in both technique and design.

Admittedly, some contributors may not be the most generous with their comments --- but hey, move on, because there is this ignore function of the forum, too.

...and finally, I'd encourage you to be more descriptive with your subject line. Perhaps something like "where are the sign painters at signs101?" or "who are the sign painters at signs101," rather than a cryptic "This Forum?" Similarly, that topic posted in the Handmade Signs Section, may generate a greater niche interest of participants than under the General Signmaking Topics.

...just my .o2

Welcome from CA

As already said, what an excellent post that is thoughtful, helpful, easy to understand, and a great starting point for gaining knowledge in the forum.

You are a class act vid.

Craig Sjoquist

Yes good post ..Vid

Yes I am a 39 year traditional sign painter & 99 % of my work is painted

Yes I like this forum because it is very diverse & fast moving with lots of comments so learning is awesome on many new subjects also the freedom expressed here.

Has a vinyl cutter from Signwarehouse but when changed to a better laptop software does not recognize cutter so up on shelf it went.

Welcome to the mayham & hope ya learn alot & be glad to answer anything hand painted if asked.