• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This grainy print is relentless

Commando

Everything I have done; an overnight soak, filled up ink, hard cleans, long nozzle washes, the drop pos alignment, everything is clean (cap station, head) Hasn't helped at all!
My test prints are perfect, minus 2 or 3 missing lines. Just happened all of a sudden in between printing a golf cart wrap.
Is there something else I can do? Im scared I will need a new head :/

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Could yopu post some pictures..... of the bad prints ?? Closeups so we can see.

Commando

Resized_20190930_105928_8943.jpeg
Resized_20190930_105919_1149.jpeg
Resized_20190930_105919_1149.jpeg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like possibly a heat or material issue. Has the shop environment changed recently? Try printing the same thing on different material and see if there is a difference.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is it in solid colors only or does it happen in gradients or sharp lines in a letter of vector image ??

Commando

I just used the same file on 3651-G and it still has it. Granted, it doesn't seem as obvious.
If it is a heat or material issue, why would it just start like that? I had already printed 3 big sheets with same profile on the same material and they looked perfect..

Joe House

Have you tried printing unidirectional? Double check your calibrations. Also, when things happen "all of the sudden" check your environment. If the temp is higher in your shop, or humidity lower, the ink will dry before it has a chance to spread out like normal. I've also seen static electricity cause this when the humidity is at the margins of recommended levels.

Commando

I only print unidirectional. I haven't printed anything bi- in years.
I had a static problem a year or 2 ago and seemed to have fixed that.
Late yesterday afternoon, I realized the multicolor print I did all had cyan mixed in the colors. So I did a print with colors that wouldn't contain cyan and the prints were perfect. It seems to be that my cyan nozzles are shot.