Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this has been answered before, but...

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by kmn, Feb 20, 2006.

1. kmn

kmn New Member

Jan 27, 2006
    looking for that font that looks like the technical
    pen draftsmen use, with straight lines and a kind
    of bulbous end, almost like a dot, on the end of each
    stroke...

if anyone nows of a free version that would be great,
    thx

kn

Tags:
  2. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    There's.......................

these...............

Attached Files:

3. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    there is a technical font in corel & if there is a dot at the end of a letter by a draftsman it is in correct as I was taught & I taught no dots that means the pen was held in one place too long. a draftsman shou;d be able to lal a line with no real visable difference in width , its a techinique of going from the ends to the middle & pulling away in the middle so the overlaps equal the thickness of the line .

4. kmn

kmn New Member

Jan 27, 2006
    bingo

Tekton...thats it...thanks guys

5. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    As an ace draftsman for some years, I concur that long lines in a blueprint would be drawn in mulitple stages feathering out in the center from each direction, but this is not true in lettering. I was taught to letter (with a pencil, not a pen) & to hesitate at the onset, & again at the termination of each stroke of a letter to enhance the deliberate & exact nature of every line being intentional.