• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This is a new one to me

ams

Customer wants a routed wood sign 2' X 3' but wants it on a X Base Stand that is 5' 4" tall.
I am confused as I thought X Stands were for Banners or for pedestal signs. Never seen this done with a routed wood sign?

image001.png

ams

Interesting idea, but a single bar in the middle probably wouldn't support it. It need some type of support as wood is heavy.

rossmosh

I never trust a customer to give me specs. Any time I do, I get in trouble. Find out what they want to do and then recommend the best option you can provide.

Assuming it's for a non-permanent sign for exterior use, It might be clever to poor a concrete round with a green channel post embedded. It would be cheap and easy to move around. You could just roll it. Concrete would give it plenty of weight too.

ams

I never trust a customer to give me specs. Any time I do, I get in trouble. Find out what they want to do and then recommend the best option you can provide.

Assuming it's for a non-permanent sign for exterior use, It might be clever to poor a concrete round with a green channel post embedded. It would be cheap and easy to move around. You could just roll it. Concrete would give it plenty of weight too.

That would be easier, but apparently this is going inside a restaurant?

IDB Signs

Maybe throw the concrete in something decorative? A planter or something with some moss thrown on top? Haha. hey, it may help with the wooden, rustic, camp vibe!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
The person requesting this sign lacks basic knowledge of reality, they need to be learned.

Teach them what they need, not what they want.

LoRobs

Maybe they want something like an easel so they can move/remove it and not have any permanent hardware on it.

unclebun

I believe they would be talking about a 4x4 lumber post with a lumber cross base made of 2x4's like you used to make for Christmas trees, but with gussets added to brace the base, then painted to match the sign background. Solid and heavy.

They used to use signs like this at camps...