• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This is just lame

I've noticed several wraps in the last few weeks that have window perf where window perf shouldn't be.

This is the first time I've gotten close enough to one to get a descent photo.

I really can't figure out the logic of this. Notice the window perf covering the entire rear of the van and how it's been diced up to fit the curves. Also notice that they have regular SAV on the side windows instead of perf.

I would never ever let anything like this leave my shop and I can't imagine any of my customers would be satisfied with this.

I don't get it.

Sorry the picture is a little dark.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 165

diamondavenue

there are alot of bad wraps out there. most the time people just want cheap. i personally wont do "cheap". you see what comes out of that school of thought

Pat Whatley

there are alot of bad wraps out there

There are very, very few that aren't bad wraps.
I had a customer supplied wrap to install that was done that way, all I could assume is that they didn't want to waste any of the 54" window perf. I can tell you that stripping that crap off a couple of years later must have sucked. The same customer brought me a truck bed wrap from the same supplier that was printed on Oracal 651 with no laminate. I refused to even attempt it.

SignManiac

Why would anybody be shocked by this? It's no different than all the hack signs you see everywhere else. Way to easy to get into this business. Little to no knowledge is required to make signs or wrap vehicles. All you can hope to do is find clients who are smart enough to see the difference and who give a damn about the image they project.

You can blame the designer/installer but the real problem is the client that is too stupid to notice the difference between good and bad work and is quite happy to pay for shoddy work.

Bigdawg

Just Me
That's just crazy. But as far as the side windows go... we are wrapping a fleet and they are service trucks. They have us use regular IJ180v3 on the side windows because they don't want or need perf on the sides - it just adds to the cost. We do perf the back.... but only the windows. I have never seen anything like what you posted...