• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This is the road that goes to my house

bernie

When you get caught in a controlled flood like this ... do they reimburse you for
the damage to your fields and your business?

Is FEMA involved in this when its a controlled flood?

Cleaning up flood water damage is a nasty job!

Bernie

signswi

Anyone outside the area even know this was still going on? I haven't seen 10 seconds of coverage of it on the news or news sites. If Mosh didn't post every now and then, I wouldn't know it's still at that level.

Dang Mosh, that's one heck of a swollen river.

American media has the attention span of gnats, and that's not a political statement. It just does. What kills me is when local stations spend 2 hours on some localized "human interest" story about some lady who finally got her car painted instead of updating us on situation's like Mosh is in. So glad we have the internet.

Mosh

BTW we are high and dry. Our house and 95% of the farm are above water. Our big
problem is river bridge is closed due to the water, so it is a 2 1/2 hour drive one way to
get there (was about 15 minutes) We are staying in an apartment above our shop.

Water will be here until Nov-Dec, then most roads will have to be re-built, so it will be back to
"normal" in a year or three....

Mosh

The mosquitoes must be MURDER

Not so much, there are billions of these little gnatts, doesn't sound as bad, but you can even breathe or they go up your nose. You pretty much have to wear a dust mask to
go outside.

cartoad

Wow! this is going to be a huge mess to clean up from, wonder what that will do to the federal budget? Mosh, glad your farm and business is above water, and hope you can sell lots of signs when this is over, must be rough on all most all the busness folks there,
good luck and keep posting this,
Hal

Mosh

Around 100 miles of I-29 is closed. Main shipping artery for the Omaha/Kansas City and
US Highway 2 is closed, thus you can't cross the river from Omaha to St. Jo Missouri,
130 miles...Going to a good time to have a dump truck or excavating equipment, going to be lots of work
around here, re-biulding roads, levees, and homes.

SAS

Damn that sucks I had no idea flooding was still going on. How's business? I'm guessing dead, if most places are cut off by flood water. Hang in there.