• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This is the road that goes to my house

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Is that the Missouri?
I grew up in a small town in So. Dak. just north of the Neb. border and the same distance from the Missouri.

Mosh

Yep, Missouri River.

Damage to roadways is also evident and likely to be found widespread as flood waters recede.

Visible at the Interstate 29 intersection with Highway 2 east of Nebraska City and a strong current over the roadway signal a lengthy road construction period ahead.

“I would be surprised if you can get on Highway 2 and come to Nebraska City this time next year,” Crecelius said.

http://www.ncnewspress.com/features/x1797080247/Officials-encourage-Iowa-flood-victims-to-document-appeal-and-persist

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Buy an Air Boat and charge for rides. :wink:

Attachments

• airboat.jpg
    airboat.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 65

Mosh

$1,500 fine for an boat in the floodwaters. They are enforcing this with the
national guard. There is such a strong current they don't want to have to rescue anyone.

CES020

Anyone outside the area even know this was still going on? I haven't seen 10 seconds of coverage of it on the news or news sites. If Mosh didn't post every now and then, I wouldn't know it's still at that level.

Dang Mosh, that's one heck of a swollen river.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I wonder how that affects the structural integrity of the overpass.

Looks like you'd better hire a bunch of help and begin planting rice.

JB