• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This is why gov entities suck!

neato

I def think every commercial vehicle should have the company info on a door.Many of these vehicles are used for breaking or entering or abducting people,or just doing wrong things.It would be nice to give the cops a head start identifying a vehicle.

Or we could just tag all business owners with microchips.

binki

we have that beat in spades....

check this out....

CA SB 657...

require retail
sellers and manufacturers doing business in the state to
develop, maintain, and implement policies related to their
compliance with federal and state law regarding the eradication
of slavery and human trafficking from their supply c
hain

This bill would require that the policy be posted on the retail
seller's or manufacturer's Internet Web site and be made
available in writing upon request by a consumer.

This bill would require the policy, at a minimum, include these
two elements: (1) that the company and all suppliers in its
supply chain will comply with the laws regarding slavery and
human trafficking in the countries in which they do business
;
(2) that where slavery and human trafficking is found in its
supply chain, it will
seek eradication rather than ceasing
business in that area

Holy crap, they want businesses to be the slavery police around the world!

On a lessor note they will allow cities to regulate non permanent signs on vehicles (sign trucks and magnets).

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We have to have Federal interstate trucking ID numbers on all commercial vehicles here on island.
The nearest interstate highway for us is in Hawaii.

wayne k
guam usa

Desert_Signs

I just went and read the entire code related. It's very vague. It doesn't say where or really what size. Reading it, it seems you could put a 2" square piece of vinyl on the inside of your trunk lid and you'd be in compliance.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
In California, all building contractors and sub-contractors have that same requirement (but different size type). It has nothing to do with getting a business license, but maintaining a contractors license. Been around for years.

From the California contractors board website.

-------------

Plumbing, electrical sign, and well-drilling contractors must display the following information on both sides of every business vehicle in letters at least 1 1/2 inches high (B&P section 7029.5):

' Business name;

' Permanent business address; and

' Contractor's license number.

All other licensed contractors must display their business names and contractor's license numbers on every one of their commercially registered vehicles. The name and number must be in a clearly visible location in letters at least 3/4 inch high and wide (B&P section 7029.6).

Contractors engaged in interstate contracting can ask the CSLB Registrar for an exemption from the requirement to put their California contractor's license number on trucks and vehicles.
-------------

I don't make vinyl graphics anymore, but have done my share of layouts for contractors and have reminded a few designers doing work in California to make sure they are up to code. Is it a pain, yeah...

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Looking at other Alabama towns, they seem to have the same requirement, just a different code reference number.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I really don't see what the fuss is about, if a person uses a vehicle for business they should have some sort of signage on there to identify the company (legit or not). I make 4 magnetic signs a month for a guy who subcontracts out jobs to people just to let them show up and work. it's good advertising and he avoids issues with DOT officers and cops that are rampant towards company vehicles in this area. (2 major highways bisecting the city with nothing before and after for atleast 2-6 hours) That and I know the average ticket for a trucker who has bad or missing info on the side of his truck starts at $150 and can go upto $500 depending on how mad the cop is.

binki

In California, all building contractors and sub-contractors have that same requirement (but different size type). It has nothing to do with getting a business license, but maintaining a contractors license. Been around for years.

From the California contractors board website.

-------------

Plumbing, electrical sign, and well-drilling contractors must display the following information on both sides of every business vehicle in letters at least 1 1/2 inches high (B&P section 7029.5):

' Business name;

' Permanent business address; and

' Contractor's license number.

All other licensed contractors must display their business names and contractor's license numbers on every one of their commercially registered vehicles. The name and number must be in a clearly visible location in letters at least 3/4 inch high and wide (B&P section 7029.6).

Contractors engaged in interstate contracting can ask the CSLB Registrar for an exemption from the requirement to put their California contractor's license number on trucks and vehicles.
-------------

I don't make vinyl graphics anymore, but have done my share of layouts for contractors and have reminded a few designers doing work in California to make sure they are up to code. Is it a pain, yeah...

It is absolutely not enforced in our city. They just don't care.

binki

Other California laws that went into effect include a ton of GLT protection laws.

a few of the more interesting ones
- children up to 8 years old have to be in a booster seat in cars (was 6)
- penalties for mis-classified 1099 employees has gone up
- minimum wage in San Francisco went to $10.24/hr
- employers can no longer do credit checks on new employees with a few exceptions for financial institutions
- local police cannot impound vehicles for unlicensed drivers if their only offense was no drivers license

http://www.apparelnews.net/laws

on a separate note, the highway patrol spent 2 days writing lots of tickets for 'distracted driving'. anyone using a cell phone (not hands free), eating, or otherwise not paying attention was a target.

Deaton Design

I dont see why they are pushing this, other than to make a ton of money on the fees it will generate. Other than larger commercial vehicles that fall under the DOT, I dont see why vehicles would need to be marked if the person doesnt want to. On the other hand though, it will possibly generate more business for shops, unless they buy a cricut and do them themselves. Sounds like some city officialy decided he wanted more of peoples money to pay for more neat stuff for the city.

I know down here, any licensed professional have to have their lic. # on their vehicle and work equipment at 3" tall.

Also here is a question, myself and my husband both have signage on our vehicle for where I work... can this void my personal insurance?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Also here is a question, myself and my husband both have signage on our vehicle for where I work... can this void my personal insurance?

Two agents (representing different insurance companies) told me that's the way it is here in Michigan.

You'd be well advised to talk to your own agent.

JB