• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This logo working?

Pat Whatley

Trying to set it apart from the myriad of landscaping logos around here that are all Futura Black and Snapper Script

Attachments

• JUSTISS-EPS.jpg
    JUSTISS-EPS.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 155

JgS

I don't really like the black font. seems hard to read and out of place. I like the JL but since you are trying to set it apart why not go with a different color than green?

Joe Diaz

I like the J L without the grass effect. I feel as though the main copy doesn't play well with the J L icon either.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like the top version better, but the font needs to be a little beefier or more stable looking.

TXFB.INS

The bottom option with Tiki gets my vote, slanting the words to match the logo and then the leaf for good measure.

OldPaint

iam with tiki boy...the bottom one reads best at a quick glance))) i also would use a thicker font on the LANDSCAPING.

Pat Whatley

Thanks, I'll look at reworking it but we're still not using a bold font for the name.

While I'm at it these were the shot down versions. The gray one in the center is what they originally asked for so that's why it's on there. The "leaf" image is rough, these are basically sketches. If they'd gone that route I'd have done a better leaf. There's also the yard sign layout using one of them:

Attachments

• JL LANDSCAPING.jpg
    JL LANDSCAPING.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 102
  • justiss yard signss.jpg
    justiss yard signss.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, if they won't budge on an appropriate font, can they at least get away from a wussy font ??

A flower shop, wedding boutique or just something else would lend itself to the font they chose, but not a landscaping company.

OldPaint

some people just cant be swayed from what they think signs should be. just did a 4 x 8 pan face for a guy.....3 lines of text on that big a space. i did a layout with a heavy font to help fill space. he comes back with he wanted something "elegant." welllll then i moved up to devinni ornamental....for 2 of the main lines of copy....he didnt like that.......wanted goudy lite, i finally got him to accept goudy old style bold.......