• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This may sound stupid but how do I open a Gerber Edge classic vinyl printer?

meandmyminions

How do I open a Gerber Edge classic vinyl printer/cutter? The one with the big ball type knob on the outside. What do you do if the cover seems stuck? I know it swings open but what is the procedure for opening it?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Going from memory, I think you push the knob down in the slot while lifting the left side.

edge.jpg

TimToad

We have that model as well and it is a bit of a lift to open, but once you take the printer offline, it should disengage and allow you to lift it up by the big ball.

meandmyminions

So I just lifted up on the ball knob and the vinyl printer lifted up. OMG I am so embaressed right now. Real Bill Engvall here's your sign moment. LOL. I could swear that wasn't working the other day. I turned the printer on and off the other day. don't know if that had something to do with it. I could swear it was stuck the other day.

Jburns

Well there is a mechanism that locks the lid down on that unit while it's printing- don't be too hard on yourself