• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This month's business card

Pat Whatley

We burn through a box of business cards every 4-5 weeks. I try to do something different each time.

After seeing a bunch of cards posted here and in SignCraft that were flat out Photoshopped to death I decided minimalist was the best plan for this month. Ordered them with a matte finish on the orange and a gloss finish on the white.

Yes....it's got 1980's design all over it.

Attachments

• signs.jpg
    signs.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 104

Fitch

Perfect. If anything Pat, I would introduce either black or bark brown for the lower text block.

Cheers - G

Pat Whatley

Actually I started with white and black. I'm a non-conformist.

Thanks for the font link. Nice, clean condensed FREE fonts are kind of hard to come by.

signmeup

Can anyone near signmeup stop by and lend a hand. He's off his meds again. :ROFLMAO:
Fred you must not have seen this one. I can't rember who's work it is now but it was a "business card" layout help thread like this one.

Attachments

• kmhaac.jpg
    kmhaac.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 77

Craig Sjoquist

Well Pat I find the simple, plain, readable advertising works best, since your new card is all it will probably bring in loads of responses and make you rich.

Jillbeans

I love simple.
I pray every night before I go to bed that there will be a huge epiphany of simplicity in the design world.
But it ain't gonna happen.
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Fred you must not have seen this one. I can't rember who's work it is now but it was a "business card" layout help thread like this one.

:design:
Now, there's a card you won't soon forget...............
Maybe we'll all have to go on meds after that one..................:supersmilie:

Marlene

the matte orange with the gloss white is a really cool idea. great color combo for summer. I like that it is under whelming in that it isn't photoshopped to death but the matte/gloss combo makes it clear that even if it isn't over done to death, it was well thought out all the same. nice work Pat.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Hmmmm ... I must have missed that one. Brings to mind the old chestnut that "Truth Is Stranger than Fiction".

SignManiac

Here you go Pat. Figured I'd give you a head start for your fall card design. I know I went a little over the top, but I can't help myself. Notice the subliminal reference to the letter falling and the autumn colors, just like the leaves do!

This is why we get paid the big bucks :)

Attachments

• Sign n seconds.jpg
    Sign n seconds.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 84