• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This old Timer is Just New

comp56

Who says old is boring, I got this vintage paper cutter (circa 1950's) awhile back and it is just shy of awesome. When I got it there was no doubt it had seen better days however I took it apart and gave it a bit of elbow grease, little sanding and a little paint and bingo it came alive like it was near brand new. once I sharpened the blade and the guide this thing cuts like nobodies business. This thing will be cutting for another 70 some years at this point. I use it to trim 15" or smaller transfer paper applied decals like butter....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks real nice.

Have a much bigger version, but there's no need to sharpen the blade, as they are self sharpening.

comp56

Looks real nice.

Have a much bigger version, but there's no need to sharpen the blade, as they are self sharpening.
well I surfaced ground the edge to remove any nicks and gouges so in that case it will self sharpen even better...lol