• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

this one takes the cake! morning rant

gabagoo

I used to have a partner 10 years back and during our 5 year dealings we did a fleet of vehicles for a very large Pizza chain. We designed the graphic that would be on all the corporate vehicles and then we cut paint mask and had the vehicles painted and clear coated. This was before digital and conform vinyl. In any case I split up with my partner in 99 and we both had copies of every customer file and we decided customers would go where they chose to. I won the battle hehe. Now this body shop continued to go to my partner to get the paint mask necessary to do these vehicles. The ex partner shuts down his shop and runs away from $$ collectors so now this body shop knew I was the only other guy who had these files. Someone could try and recreate them but it would cost quite a bit to do. He calls me and comes in to tell me he cant find the ex partner so he wanted to know if I could do the work for him. I told him I had not opened these files in 10 years and I would have to look for them. I found them and gave him pricing and told him first job is COD after that I would extend him 30 days, but under no circumstances would I extend him credit if we had to so much as call him after 30 days. Naturally we had to call so now when he calls me I give him absolutely no priority and make him wait.
He faxes me a drawing of one of the graphics. Each side of the vehicle has the same graphic but one is mirrored. The graphic he sends has the dimensions and clearly shows it to be the passenger side. I have about 3 yards of paint mask in stock so I tell him that it will be a few days and he naturally tells me he is in a rush, so I tell him again, it will be a few days (where else is he going to go). I also told him that he was COD again and he questions it. I read him the riot act so now he not happy with me because he thinks I should spend time and money to get a $200.00 cheque. OK Now I set the graphic up according to his drawing and then I see some scribbling at the top of the page that says drivers side. I look at the graphic again and I have to search for a pic of the truck. This idiot drew the passenger side and I was seconds from hitting the cut button with just enough material in stock to cover it. I now get my receptionist to call and ask why he would draw the wrong diagram and just what side did he want.
This is what I have to deal with.....idiots!!!!
wait for it.... idiots in a rush!!!!:corndog::corndog:

Pat Whatley

If they need a proof it's not a rush job anyway. You want it quick you're gonna get what I give you...I'm not sitting around for hours waiting for it to be convenient for you to check your email.

onesource

Never bend to people who are rushy they can cost you $ but when you don't care to even do business with them is where they then become profitable or disappear. win win situation

mark in tx

I always thought that charging more for a rush job is justified by the simple fact that you have to do all that stuff to make the job right, in a much smaller time frame, and there is no margin for error.

TheSnowman

It's just vinyl...you just push a button. I don't get why you'd want a rush fee, or to get paid for it. Send him to Mosh, maybe he'll work for him for free. When you lowball you naturally get idiots flocking to your shop anyway.