• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This Will Blow You Away. Sneak Peek at The New Photoshop.

signmeup

It appears to be a giant version of "healing brush". I seem to recall Alien Skin had something like this years ago.

Inpaint is 40 bucks and has a free trial if any one wants to try it. It's pretty neat to watch it do its thing. I haven't had time to check out GIMP yet.

signmeup

Adobe is a corporation, not a guy... if a guy "invented" it, that guy is probably quite pleased that Adobe is bringing it to the market place... and who cares if some other players also brought it... the same guys who understand & thrive in an awareness of established brands, offering high priced products seem to be offended at an industry leader offering something amazing at a high cost. Sure, other players might offer it for less, & those who know and trust those sources can save some money... but the big dog has it now too... and now we're all talking about it & they will make a ton of money... good for them... no reason to hold a grudge i wouldn't think..
Adobe isn't "bringing it to the marketplace". It's already there.

iSign

yeah, it's already at the swap meet... Adobe is bringing it to the mall... wake up, even with all the love Corel gets from the sign industry, they are a bit player next to Adobe... and "Inpaint"??? If Adobe is selling it now, the developer is about to get a whole lot richer if he get's royalties, or he just got a whole lot richer if her sold it outright...

signmeup

I stand corrected. God isn't on the Adobe software developement team but this guy, Shai Avidan is and he appears to be almost as smart as God. He's been worknig on stuff like this for various companies for a while now.

And Doug, pull your head out of your you-know-what and give InPaint a try. It's the coolest software you'll get to play with for free until CS5 comes out. And stop bashing Corel. :Big Laugh

David Wright

I can't get the gimp version to anything worthwhile and also am trying Inpaint. It's better but limited in the areas that would really be needed.
I'll play some more and see.

signmeup

Inpaint could really use a mask function to mask parts that were to remain unchanged. Xara has a mask function in their content aware photo resizing that works really well. Hopefully Photoshop will have masking in its version. I also noticed inpaint is coming out with a plugin version for photoshop. I can't justify upgrading to CS5 right now so that would be great for me.

Replicator

The GIMP Plug-in $UCK$ . . . Here's an example of how well it works !

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 70