• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

thought it was arial....

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Antique Olive? I recognize that R from a recent font ID request myself.

Yes the "R" is similar but the "O" is totally wrong. The perfect roundness of the "O" in the picture identifies the font as being a sans serif - geometric classification. Antique Olive is a sans serif - grotesque classification.

ROWE.jpg

slappy

well, since i got this up, i have a quick question on pricing

this is for a tow truck/collision company up the road

2 weeks ago, i locked my keys inside my jeep. I called them and they normally charge $50 to get them out. when the guy came, and realized it was me, he did it at no charge

should i offer the same services for the appreciation? it's be a one time thing

signage

Steph what are you doing just repairing the one word? What were you planing on charging? You could always write up the bill and deduct the $50.00 or what ever you wanted to.

slappy

Steph what are you doing just repairing the one word? What were you planing on charging? You could always write up the bill and deduct the $50.00 or what ever you wanted to.

that piece goes on the rear of the tow truck. you can't see it from the pictures, but it's all rusted. He got a new piece and needs his name on it. Thought about deducting the $50, but i think i'm just going to give it to him. I'm sure i'll lock my keys in again, i've done it numerous times.... even with the vehicle running... He didn't deduct anything from his services to drive out here and unlock it, and plus they order stuff from us like bugshields, hitches ect. when they need it from a collision. He's a good guy. I'll do it for free to let him know i appreciate retrieving my keys.:toasting:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Handle it how you want, but something to consider first. Was it an employee or the owner himself that extended this gesture to you. If it was an employee, then you owe him the favor, unless his boss told him to handle it for free.

If the boss already knows about it and you won't get someone in trouble, then it would be a nice No Charge transaction and a great 'Good Will' demonstration in return. :cool1:

TheSnowman

I'm all about the bartering w/ anyone. When they come in, if they bring it up, I'll either go ahead and do it, and then trade them even, or I'll owe them, or they'll owe me. It normally works out better for each anyway.

Rodi

I like Antique Olive, by Roger Excoffen, it is a sans with some charachter, which is what he intended it to be, as opposed to Univers and helvetica, no personality. Look at the Nord Italic and see how it shows movement. The x-height is unbelievible too, you don't need all caps (a no no in my book anyway).