• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts On Buying A Used Mutoh 1304?

Sven

I'm looking into a used Mutoh 1304 and was looking for some opinions on whether this is a good machine to buy used, what to watch out for and what kind of questions I should be asking the seller. Thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The ValueJet 1304 is a great used machine. You are going to want to get a nozzle check printed to see if the print head is in good shape. Also get two prints done. One in high speed low resolution and one in slower speed higher resolution. If there are any problems with the print head they will show up in those two prints. You can also have the seller download the error report from the machine. A lot of CR motor errors could indicate a lot of head strikes. Also head heat errors are not something you want to see. If all seems good, buy it for sure.

Sven

The ValueJet 1304 is a great used machine. You are going to want to get a nozzle check printed to see if the print head is in good shape. Also get two prints done. One in high speed low resolution and one in slower speed higher resolution. If there are any problems with the print head they will show up in those two prints. You can also have the seller download the error report from the machine. A lot of CR motor errors could indicate a lot of head strikes. Also head heat errors are not something you want to see. If all seems good, buy it for sure.

Awesome. Thanks for the valuable info..

rcook99

Sven,

Gonna make the jump are you. Good luck you will say why didn't I do it sooner. I have the 1204 and it's almost 2 years old. Bought it used from a dealer and have had great luck with it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forum Runner

Sven

Sven,

Gonna make the jump are you. Good luck you will say why didn't I do it sooner. I have the 1204 and it's almost 2 years old. Bought it used from a dealer and have had great luck with it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forum Runner

Thanks. Any tips on pricing digital prints? That will be new to me..