• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on Geek Wraps - wrap roller tools?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeBVGNVsIrc&feature=youtu.be

Any of you high production wrap shops(the guys that do 100yrd long road trains in 4hrs or less) using these methods?

The roller on the torch looks useful but I know my guys would be banging the graphic with the canister or catching their hair on fire forgetting to release the trigger before tilting it back to use the roller part.

wayne k
guam usa

zymogenesyst

I don't have the roller that holds onto the torch tank, but I have they're hand roller and one thing I noticed right away was it didn't roll if you put any pressure on it. I took it apart and found they were using the wrong bolt to hold it all together. One new bolt and a couple washers and now it's great. I like it more than my rolle pro

rjssigns

Looks like it works well. One thing though. I wouldn't "taunt" the vinyl. LOL

Or maybe that helps the installation if you give it a few neener neeners first.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I use a really cheap medium foam brayer and it works better than the rolle pro. It's smoother finish doesn't leave an imprint on the vinyl if it gets too warm and doesn't disintegrate leaving tiny black pieces of foam on the vinyl with heat either. Just personal preference, but reinventing the wheel isn't needed.
I do however like the torch attachment...but don't like using that yellow gas mix. Haven't seen the other gas mix in that size tank. :(