Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Geek Wraps - wrap roller tools?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by GAC05, Jan 23, 2013.

1. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeBVGNVsIrc&feature=youtu.be

Any of you high production wrap shops(the guys that do 100yrd long road trains in 4hrs or less) using these methods?

The roller on the torch looks useful but I know my guys would be banging the graphic with the canister or catching their hair on fire forgetting to release the trigger before tilting it back to use the roller part.

wayne k
    guam usa

Tags:
  2. zymogenesyst

zymogenesyst New Member

Nov 13, 2012
    I don't have the roller that holds onto the torch tank, but I have they're hand roller and one thing I noticed right away was it didn't roll if you put any pressure on it. I took it apart and found they were using the wrong bolt to hold it all together. One new bolt and a couple washers and now it's great. I like it more than my rolle pro

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Looks like it works well. One thing though. I wouldn't "taunt" the vinyl. LOL

Or maybe that helps the installation if you give it a few neener neeners first.

4. Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps Kentucky Wraps

Mar 6, 2009
    Bluegrass
    I use a really cheap medium foam brayer and it works better than the rolle pro. It's smoother finish doesn't leave an imprint on the vinyl if it gets too warm and doesn't disintegrate leaving tiny black pieces of foam on the vinyl with heat either. Just personal preference, but reinventing the wheel isn't needed.
    I do however like the torch attachment...but don't like using that yellow gas mix. Haven't seen the other gas mix in that size tank. :(