• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

thoughts on non-oem ecosol ink?

equippaint

If it comes down to saving and you don't want to raise your prices, just add a 1 or 2% environmental fee to each invoice just like how the shipping companies add a fuel surcharge and mechanics add shop supplies. If anyone asks just start rambling on about how your business generates hazardous waste that requires special disposal. Then you can cover using OEM ink and not worry about machine issues, reprofiling or durability.

d fleming

A friend of ours has the same identical printer we have and bought it from the same place we did, but a few months prior to our getting it. They were talked into the Nazdar inks and had nothing but problems with it. In fact, we did jobs for them, while techs were at their place, shaking their heads.
Eeesh. My experience was just the opposite. OEM was clogging my magenta. It was actually a widespread problem with orig seiko carts. I changed to nazdar and it cleared up on its own. Ran them for years with great success. Did the guys from Nazdar make it right with your friend?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Eeesh. My experience was just the opposite. OEM was clogging my magenta. It was actually a widespread problem with orig seiko carts. I changed to nazdar and it cleared up on its own. Ran them for years with great success. Did the guys from Nazdar make it right with your friend?

Nope. They ended up getting another flatbed, but a different manufacturer completely. They had problems dialing in colors with profiling, to inks not adhering to darned near anything. Had heads go out, manifold problems. I think they replaced just about everything and at mostly their own expense. I think it p!shed him off a little, that ours ran flawlessly.

ChicagoGraphics

I have used Durafos inks in my Mimaki JV3 160sp for years with no problems at all, was using the solvent based inks now they went to all eco solvent and they worked better then oem inks.

ChicagoGraphics

A
I use the same third part inks as you call them, in 3 different makes of machines. At $8 a litre and compatible with dx4 5 and 7 heads, why would I want to run oem inks?? They also make up my orders in any combination of inks and cleaner.. The cleaner is only $3.50 a litre. Just needs to be a total order of 20 litres. Noting the shipping costs to me is $90 per shipment.
I should also point out that i get my inks direct from the makers. Its not until you see the labels on the bottle, that you realise how salesmen rip you off.

Are you getting your inks from south Korea by any chance

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've ran a lot of different printers; every one that has ran non-oem inks has had nozzle clogging issues and head drop outs during printing, every one that has ran oem-inks haven't had these issues. Eventually these clogs lead to (premature) head replacements which negate the saving of running non-oem inks.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Research Jetbest on this forum. Only good feedbacks. $64 for 440ml ink cartridge or 500ml ink bottle for $35. Widely used. Exporting more than 80 countries.

More information please call 714-668-9200.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Still deciding on what I'm going to switch ours too. Actually have two brand new machines that I have not even setup yet. Have been running Triangle on our old JV33 machines and when we were running the JVV inks it was great. They discontinued them though and since switching to the Triangle MSS inks its a constant battle of sticky ink needing cleaning off the bottom of the head carriage and nozzles clogging. The two new machines came with Mimaki's MBIS 2L bulk ink setup so I'm looking at brands that have ink bags for that. I'm currently deciding between OEM (more than double the cost), Bordeaux, STS, and Nazdar.

shadi75

owner
I been using rite media pro-color inks since 2010 with no problems, i did had to adjust the profile on there last updated inks to get a good print match. But other then that no problem. 74.99 cdn is not bad. They sell the pro color inks 2 but i haven't tried those yet. i will have to use oem inks if i upgrade to truevis.

dale911

President
Mimaki oem ink is $0.25 per ml at $109 per cart. Bordeaux ink is $0.16 per ml at $67 per cart and $0.07 per ml in 1 liter bulk bottles for use with bulk ink system.

Bordeaux carts are a 61% savings and bulk system is 251% savings.

That means that if you switched all 8 carts out once, the difference in cost would be $336 with carts or $624 with bulk ink. If you only use 1 set of ink per month, with carts you would save $4,032 or with bulk you save $7,488. That’s a lot of toddler shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

v0y4ger

Our CJV30-130 is out of warranty at this point, so we are considering switching to non-oem ink. Has anyone switched with no issues? We were frightened into only using Mimaki ink when we bought our machine, but at this point, it kills me to drop so much loot on ink.

What brands have you used? Do you have to do anything before changing brands?

I haven't done a ton of research, and I'll only switch if I can save at least 35% over using oem. I'm not sure if that is even possible. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I changed from mutoh OEM inks to a compatable. There has been no difference. Then I found out the manufacturer of the compat supplied Mutoh with ink.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
i have used many printers over the years. some with oem ink and some with non oem ink.
i have used bulk systems also.
it is in my experience that non oem ink is way more hassle to work with over all.
look at all the mutoh threads on how to fix my non oem smart cards.
look at all the threads on bulk ink systems breaking and leaking or color consistency issues.
i have dealt with all of these at some point and its always when i try and use a non oem ink.
i am the type that is more than happy to pay the price for oem ink and not have to fight with my ink system daily.
other people have had great results. but i have never had a non oem ink system actually work as well and an oem one.
to me ink is cheap, its pennies compared to all the other expensives we as printers have.
you would save more money if you just randomly picked one person and lowered their hourly wage by $0.50
and you wouldn't have to lower quality or expectations to do it.

Call out the name of the non-OEM. Which company? It is like my truck broke down. Ok now common sense, how old is the car? Condition? how many people have owned the truck. It's like my truck broke down. All truck sucks. Yes it gives me space and 4x4 but nah, i will never buy one again because I didn't change the oil. I want to switch to a sedan. No offense; just an example.

Third party ink for Mutoh. Yes there are problem with cards. But you could choose not to use cards. Mutoh cartridges do have their own card issues too. Which ink company gave you the smart cards?

Jetbest ink system breaking and leaking. Our bulk ink system works great. No breaking or leaking issues. Which ink company bulk system was giving you an issue?

Color consistent issue. Jetbest does not have one. Very consistent. Which ink company was giving you inconsistent color issues?

I rather to deal with ink inconsistent issue, bulk ink leak, bulk ink break, clogging issues than dealing with a low waged employee. lol. 100%.

There are a few ink companies are worth to take a look at. Jetbest, Bordeaux, Nazdar, maybe Triangle. We know Jetbest, visited their factory in Taiwan, have great feedbacks from US customers. We know the product well. We have great bulk ink system. Savings? There is plenty.

http://www.premiercolour.com/jetbes...-roland-eco-sol-max-printers-440ml-cartridge/

Francis

Attachments

• IMG_9687.JPG
    IMG_9687.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 172

Bly

We used Bordeaux in our Rolands, one of them from new.
Never had a problem.

Nowadays though I just use OEM.
I think original inks are now more competitively priced than they used to be.
Either that or we're just doing so much more work that ink costs don't seem to be that big a factor in total overheads.

Last edited:
I'm glad this thread popped back up. I paid attention to it a few months back and we decided to switch from OEM Mimaki SS21 cartridges ($125) to the comparable Bordeaux cartridges ($70.00). I have seen no obvious differences in color or performance and the way I figure it, our lowly small town two-man shop that does $250,000 in annual sales, can use the savings. We probably use 40-50 cartridges a year. That's up to $2750 a year that goes straight into our pockets. Personally, I'll take that extra $1375 a year. I can buy more shoes than me or my family can use in one year. Who wouldn't want to lower overhead and add to their bottom line?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We used Bordeaux in our Rolands, one of them from new.
Never had a problem.

Nowadays though I just use OEM.
I think original inks are now more competitively priced than they used to be.
Either that or we're just doing so much more work that ink costs don't seem to be that big a factor in total overheads.

I am glad that you are happy with Bordeaux inks and of course - the ink savings. We used to be a Bordeaux ink dealer here in S. California but due to ink supply issue from them, we now import one of the best eco solvent ink from Taiwan - Jetbest. We did a lot of research, onsite testing, feedbacks searching, before switching from Bordeaux to Jetbest. Both ink work great together. 100% compatible, meaning 1 color Jetbest, 3 color Bordeaux. No problems. I would like to suggest to take a look at the Jetbest proprietary bulk ink system for additional 50% savings switching from Bordeaux to Jetbest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5SW5q-zFrE&t=5s .

Each 500ml eco solvent ink bottle is $35. Buy 3 to get from shipping from S. California
Each refillable cartridge is only $25.
No more messy refills
Order by 5 pm for same day shipping from CA. We ship daily.

Questions. Please don't hesitate to call. 714-668-9200 or 949-209-7306. We have factory trained staff for questions. (Mutoh and Mimaki).

Proprietary Jetbest bulk ink setup Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5SW5q-zFrE&t=5s