• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on this layout?

Jillbeans

Now make the took marks in the FOODSMITHS the lightest color in the blacksmith graphic.
I like it a lot better now.
I like the green, and I'd make the posts green too.

SignManiac

This is getting better. The only thing that really bugs my eye is the negative space in the center focal point. It needs a little more breathing room around your edges. The artisan copy sticking out past the diamonds is glaring, so I condensed it a little and the name Foodsmiths was running almost into the border as well. So I condensed it just a tad. The black around the border seems harsh compared to the rest of your color scheme.

I made a few minor tweaks showing those changes. The small scroll divider behind you oval panel helps kill the "holes" that your eye gets pulled to. I think the burgundy is overpowering so maybe if you soften you color or tone it down it will keep your eye focused on the name and logo?

I think with a little more tweaking you have a great design. I really like the chef/anvil concept! Good evolution of an idea.

P.S. Here's one I did recently that uses some of your color ideas. Maybe you can work these colors into yours?

Attachments

• FoodSmiths3.jpg
    FoodSmiths3.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 110
  • king.jpg
    king.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 80

JR's

Signmaniac,
very nice tips, sometimes I forget the little things.
The scrolls that you added to the sign are they yours or did you get them from clip art. And if you got them from clip art which clip art was it.

Your sign is very impressive, how did you install the face to the post?

Thanks
JR

SignManiac

Signmaniac,
very nice tips, sometimes I forget the little things.
The scrolls that you added to the sign are they yours or did you get them from clip art. And if you got them from clip art which clip art was it.

Your sign is very impressive, how did you install the face to the post?

Thanks
JR

JR, honestly don't remember where I found that particular scroll. I've had it for the past twenty five years going back to my old Anagraph design software. I may have even scanned it and cleaned it up myself back then.

On the sign I made, I sandwiched the sign tongues through two pressure treated 2"x4" 's and fitted the PVC over them so it's all locked together. Hope that makes sense...

signgal

I like the burgundy with the green's graphic and maniacs scrolls and extended diamonds are icing on the cake. The collaboration is amazing!

slappy

I was going to post something different but now I'm in shock of seeing OP's ass again:omg2: It's been about 2 years since it was last posted... guess we were due.....

sinetist

More great input. Taking it all into consideration for further discussion with the client. Hopefully I'll be posting a pic of the finished product soon. Yes, an amazing and satisfying collaboration. Thanks all.

Patrick46

Signmaniac...I love the second choice, but could you show one with the burgundy in place of the light blue?? I think that'd be a winner!!
attachment.php

oh, and "Food For Thought???....Hahahahaa....Ahhh Jilly....yer killin' me!!! :ROFLMAO: