• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts On This Logo Concept?

HaroldDesign

Customer wants something other than what has come to be quite common for small breweries (crazy fonts, dogs and Irish pub look), yet relevant. I came up with several styles, and this one is a clean version of the sketches he kept leaning towards. Just wanted to get the beat-down before showing him...
:thankyou:

Attachments

• Fixture_E1.jpg
    Fixture_E1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 159

Billct2

I don't like the name to begin with so...
but what is that weird symbol instead of a dot over the i?
My first impression is it's an office furniture company.
There's a reason for the small brewery label "look", people know what it is.
Maybe look at some of the California wineries for an alternate style, they have a lot of crisp modern labels.

HaroldDesign

Thanks. It really is "concept" right now. Definitely not a labor of love or anything like that. Just needed some eyes other than mine or the customer's. After posting I realized I don't really like it at all! Really didn't even need to start this thread after looking at it again...

ucmj22

I'd keep working. the X seems emphasized with no purpose, and the tap is hard to pick out.

Marlene

There's a reason for the small brewery label "look", people know what it is.

agree totally. there is nothing wrong with doing something different but you need to have a big advertising budget to go along with it to put the image into the public's eye so it understands. If you posted the name without the word bewing co. under it and asked us to guess what kind of business this was, I doubt that anyone would have said bewery which isn't good. not sure why the big "X". I do get the tap on the letter "i" but it really doesn't work as to make it work the "i" would have to have the weight of a keg and not be a thin little "i".

ucmj22

it doesnt need to have crazy fonts, but I think it still needs to embody the industry. here is one I worked up a while ago.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-08-09 at 9.19.39 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-08-09 at 9.19.39 AM.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 130

ucmj22

Or this?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-08-09 at 9.32.34 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-08-09 at 9.32.34 AM.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Screen shot 2012-08-09 at 9.32.46 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-08-09 at 9.32.46 AM.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 128

Marlene

THIS IDEA IS DEAD. It seems I already knew it, but needed confirmation for some reason

the one thing you can count on around here is we will be honest which really helps I think.

ucmj22

That's cool. I have a sketch something like that, but it's a brewing tank not a bottle cap. May I ask how you knew it to be Waukesha?!

LOL, I had no idea. just saw you were from Wisconsin, and the first city that came to mind was Waukesha.

HulkSmash

the tap on the i just looks like a mistake. and the x looks much to emphasis... because of the line break.

SignManiac

That's funny, I didn't read any posts that were mean or rude in any way. Did I miss something? I thought all opinions were quite accurate.