• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on this

Doyle

Does the wrench work? What do you think overall?

Attachments

• signs101.jpg
    signs101.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 149

Doyle

I will try the closed end/combination wrench, and thin out the outline, post back in a few

weaselboogie

I probably wouldn't have gone as thick on the outline and the wrench looks a bit skewed on the left end. I just did some cards for a mechanic and made this wrench for the card.... You're welcome to use it. I'll email it to ya!

Attachments

• wrench.jpg
    wrench.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 129

Circleville Signs

I personally like the thicker outline, but I tend toward that style of design. Agree that you should go with a closed end combo wrench.

Otherwise, great work!

Gary

Doyle

I probably wouldn't have gone as thick on the outline and the wrench looks a bit skewed on the left end. I just did some cards for a mechanic and made this wrench for the card.... You're welcome to use it. I'll email it to ya!

It was my sorry attempt at giving dimension to the wrench, kinda like it is closer in the front at the nut end.... just ended up looking skewed/distorted. I appreciate you letting me use your wrench! Looks a lot better than mine, which I tried to draw from a photo.

Marlene

I like the idea of it. can you try it without the beveled letters so the wrench and letters are the same? that might work better (plus the closed ended wrench).

Doyle

Another try, thanks to weaselboogie for the wrench!

Attachments

• signs101.jpg
    signs101.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 135

Circleville Signs

The new one is better - I think that the all caps idea would REALLY overpower the logo. Maybe try flipping the yellow and chrome. make "Bryan's" chrome and "Automotive" yellow.

Also, the script font for the city isnt' working for me...Ugh.

Gary

Doyle

thanks, I just threw that city in there to show where it will be, I don't like it yet either, I will try a couple different color combos because I am not liking the yellow at all....

rjpjr

I think the wrench interferes with Automotive too much.

Maybe an adjustment kinda like this...

Attachments

• Bryans Auto.jpg
    Bryans Auto.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 163

Doyle

ok, I think this is better, still not crazy about the yellow, but I am kinda stuck with light colors for the text, any other suggestions?

Attachments

• signs101.jpg
    signs101.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 141

Circleville Signs

I actually like the yellow. How about blocking out the black all-together - making your lettering outline into an outline that gives a solid black background?

Personally, I like the wrench alot.

Gary

Just Me

thats a nice looking wrench weasel:thumb: