• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts?

Urban Image

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at all the different flatbed UV printers out there and I'm wondering if you guys have any valuable input.

Essentially all I'm going to be doing with this printer(s) is running 60"x80" cardboard sheets through it. I'm expecting to kick out roughly 4,000 sheets per month so I don't want something that says "Mattel" on the bottom. It also needs to be able to hit at least 600x600 dpi.

I haven't even decided on what my price range is yet but I'm more interested in finding something that meets my needs than finding something cheap. Any suggestions?

HaroldDesign

Probably a mid-range printer like a Vutek. The machines are great, but EFI is not fun to deal with. Everything is a damn hassle. The techs are pretty good. Things may have changed since I dealt with them - may be worth looking at.

rfulford

I would look at some of the inca options first. We just signed a contract on a Spyder 320 VOW. We used Sericol for the distributor. I say to look at incas first because both Fuji and Sericol always seem ready to demo a unit and both companies offered to cover our air fare. There are 2 mid range offerings that could accomplish your needs provided you run a couple of shifts.

Spyder 320
3 Pass Bi Di = 878 sqft / hr
5 Pass Bi Di = 711 sqft / hr
7 Pass Bi Di = 501 sqft / hr

Spyder V
6 Pass Bi Di = 1001 sqft / hr
10 Pass Bi Di = 624 sqft / hr

These are both dedicated flatbeds with out roll to roll options. I would use either of these machines as a yard stick for any other offerings you look at.

Greg Lamb

cardboard printer

140,000 sq ft per month is a ton of printing and will not allow for a "mattel" brand printer. I have a video that shows a hybrid Vutek doing exactly what you are trying to do at a far superior speed than any flatbed will be able to do with continuous board feeding, print time about 30 seconds per board or 120 boards an hour! Happy to set up a conversation or video viewing if you would like, well worth your time!
Greg

jdigital

I would look at some of the inca options first. We just signed a contract on a Spyder 320 VOW. We used Sericol for the distributor. I say to look at incas first because both Fuji and Sericol always seem ready to demo a unit and both companies offered to cover our air fare. There are 2 mid range offerings that could accomplish your needs provided you run a couple of shifts.

Spyder 320
3 Pass Bi Di = 878 sqft / hr
5 Pass Bi Di = 711 sqft / hr
7 Pass Bi Di = 501 sqft / hr

Spyder V
6 Pass Bi Di = 1001 sqft / hr
10 Pass Bi Di = 624 sqft / hr

These are both dedicated flatbeds with out roll to roll options. I would use either of these machines as a yard stick for any other offerings you look at.

I agree. we currently have an Inca Spyder 320 and an Inca Turbo. We just finished running cardboard through our Turbo. Make sure you get a company that knows your printers. We've had to change out cardboard types. The quality wasn't very good, but the Turbo exceeded our expectations(about twice as fast as the Spyder 320) I'm sure the spyders will do just as well, but if you want speed, I'd look at a Turbo.