• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

thoughts

Tspencer74

New logo I put together. I would love some constructive advice.

Attachments

• Spencer Signs Logo.jpg
    Spencer Signs Logo.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 101

SignManiac

Not bad but....not exceptional. Has a dated feel to it. I like that you're working in black and white first. And you didn't make it from Aurora fills.

Tspencer74

Its just a start I'm looking to design something easy to read and simple. Any advice on how I could bring it up to date.

Colin

Not only are the S letters in the (ahem) "logo" not in harmony with the font, but they're too pointy & sharp (unfriendly and evil looking).

Sticky Signs

I'm not going to comment on the design aspect of your logo but I'd like to note that "SS" makes me think of either nazis, cool cars or boats. Your SS symbol somewhat resembles a swastika which makes me more inclined to think of Nazis. Maybe not so good for business.
Just my 2

Jillbeans

I immediately thought of SS/Nazi as well.
I'd scrap that and not use initials as an icon at all.
Try an upper/lower case for Spencer with SIGNS in all caps tucked underneath it.
Love....Jill

ucmj22

Gotta give it to those Germans. They do know how to design a bang up icon (swastika, SS). Please understand that this comment is based entirely on design and is completely disjointed from any other meaning of the icons!

Speedsterbeast

Actually, the swastika was adopted by the Germans. It dates back much farther and represented good luck in some instances.
The Nazis reversed the image for their use.

But while I did not think of the Nazi connection, I did think that the "s's" were not very warm feeling on your logo.
Although the simplicity is a good start.

Tspencer74

Thanks for the input I'll work on something with a warmer feeling. If you guys are in a nazi market feel free to use that logo haha just kidding.

Sticky Signs

Sorry man. I wasn't trying to rain on your parade but look, my company name has SS in it too. We tried several variations of SS before we finally scrapped the idea of using it in our logo.

Tspencer74

No rain on my parade. I would much rather have input from you guys instead of putting nazis stickers on a bunch of things and realizing it later.

Marlene

No rain on my parade. I would much rather have input from you guys instead of putting nazis stickers on a bunch of things and realizing it later.

I really like your attitude as you got it. there is a auto dealer in my state that uses something almost like what you had but with a "G" and a "S". it's done in black and red. for years I would see it on trucks and cars and thought it was some neo-nazi thing and wondered how we had so many bad dudes in our state. I then found out it was the logo for the car dealer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here's the SS logo from the Nazis. It was originally for Schutz-Staffel or what we called the Storm Troopers. It was really just their version of riot control.
SS .jpg

This is the Nazi Swastika which was adopted by the group some 22 years or so, before Hitler ever was in power. It was adopted as the symbol for the Third Reich's National Flag for it's true meaning of good luck after Hitler came into power.
swastika.jpg

tsgstl

When I first saw this last night I was going to post
"Arbeit macht frei"
but I thought it would be offensive, but the swastika was the first thing I thought too

SignManiac

For many many years I had incorporated the double SS in my name as an icon and just in recent years did away with it.

My avatar is now what I've been using for the past couple of years. I don't even answer my phone saying signs anymore, just Good morning/afternoon, Skywatch. The ultimate in less is more I suppose.

Attachments

• My Truck Logo.jpg
    My Truck Logo.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 94