• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Threatened to sue.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
There are days you wonder about people, and realize you hate most people. reading stuff like that makes you do it .. cause we've all dealt with p.o.s. people who do that. I don't get it ... pay your bills. If you're unhappy with what someone does, address it early ... and if you haven't paid, don't demand the **** you don't like in the first place. idiots.

Joe Diaz

Fourthly, would need more information about the scenario to give you or anyone a possible action plan about this. You might ask them why they did not pay and then sue for a correction as is normal practice as to their claim for damages on non-ownership of copyright.

Bikecomedy. Thanks for your reply, you seem very knowledgeable on the subject. That being said, it's not really necessary for me to post anymore info on the particulars here, because I'm not really seeking legal advice, just venting about the nerve of some people. We pride ourselves on our ability to pick good clients, from time to time a few bad eggs make it through. Honestly I'm not at all worried about being sued by them. I'm positive they are simply calling our bluff. We have excellent lawyers and I'm confident in their abilities if they were stupid enough to take us to court for such a laughable charge. I'm not even all that worried about getting final payment. If we do have to take them to small claims, I'm confident we will get payment. We have an excellent record as far as that goes. Again, this post was mainly me blowing off some steam and ranting about the gall of some people. Like Pat pointed out, some people seem to think these tactics are reasonable business practices and that just blows my mind some time.

It's interesting that a larger company would need to resort to this. I was curious over lunch and Googled their yelp comments and rating. Understandably we aren't the only people that have had trouble with this company. We have several clients that are much larger than this client that are an absolute pleasure to do business with, but sometimes I'm glad that most of our clients are small businesses. There seems to be much less rigmarole involved in completing a project with them.

Marlene

you gave them a written cost and terms, you did the work as promised now it is time to pay up as they promised. they signed the contract and by doing that they agreed to the price and the terms so what the heck do they think they are doing? if they didn't want to pay the price or agree to the terms meaning full payment and then you get the design, they could have gone somewhere else. the fact they are saying they lsot $30,000 because they didn't get their logo released is a big so what. it isn't like they paid you and you did something nasty like held on to it, it is all their own fault. no pay, no logo. go tell them to shove it.

TheSnowman

A story about someone who doesn't want to pay? Sure!

Had a guy that owed me $100 for a job, he came in to pick it up and started talking about this "new project" as he was getting out his wallet to pay. He was talking about how he was going to bring it by "tomorrow" for me to do for him. He put his wallet back w/o ever getting the money out, and kind of grabbed his stuff and walked out the door as he was still talking. I looked at the secretary and she looked at me and I said "did you just see what happened?" because this guy already is notorious for not wanting to pay, and belittling us and treating us like garbage.

He calls back about two weeks later telling me how "he's got a project that all I'd have to do is hit print and it does all the work for me" that I need to do in the next two hours for him. I informed him that A) I wouldn't be doing any more work until he paid me for the last work, and B) that even if I did do his new work, it's going to be a minimum of two weeks. He huffed around and whined claiming he did pay me, and I kindly informed him that I wasn't the only one that recalled the scenario two weeks earlier.

Eventually, he came in to talk about a new project about 6 months later, and he said that "even though he doesn't owe me anything, he'll still go ahead and pay what I THINK he owes me, because he's a nice guy". He paid, settled what he OWED me, and hasn't come back since. If he ever does, he's a two week wait even if I have zero going on, and he's paying 3X what he's ever paid for the same thing before. Have no desire to work with people like that. You can treat people like human beings and do business in a fun way, or you can take this guys approach and always have confrontation with whoever you work with.

Joe Diaz

A story about someone who doesn't want to pay? Sure!

Ah yes... The old "invisible money pulled from the wallet" trick. :Big Laugh He must think he's this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy75GtKsOAw

In our case, the Ironic thing is: while arguing that they don't want to pay us in full and that our work isn't worth what was agreed on, without meaning to the guy tells me our work is more valuable than the agreed price... because they claim that not having it for the month or so that it's been so far has cost his business $30,000. So using that logic my work is worth $180,000 to $360,000 or more a year. Finally someone gets it. :Big Laugh Now pay me my money. :ROFLMAO:

Kwiksigns

wookie

Ah yes... The old "invisible money pulled from the wallet" trick. :Big Laugh

In our case, the Ironic thing is: while arguing that they don't want to pay us in full and that our work isn't worth what was agreed on, without meaning to the guy tells me our work is more valuable than the agreed price... because they claim that not having it for the month or so that it's been so far has cost his business $30,000. So using that logic my work is worth $180,000 to $360,000 or more a year. Finally someone gets it. :Big Laugh Now pay me my money. :ROFLMAO:

http://vimeo.com/22053820

visual800

Send them half of the logo without watermarks, that's what they've paid foree!:ROFLMAO:

Hell yeah joe, do this! Go ahead and poke back a tthem and then send their attorney a letter and tell him to F*** O** in all caps commercial script.

this is nothing but another dude that don't wanna pay and then an in house attorney with small dinkus syndrome. Stand your ground and rear back on them.

remember that large company I was bashing on here for not paying me, and the pres came on here threatening me with an attorney. I told him to FO! They eventually paid. Threatening with an attorney is a cheap shot and it just shows your small balls. Stand your ground!