• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thumbs up to Oracal laminate

gabagoo

I have used lots of different 3ml laminates in the last 5 years or so and ran into silvering issues that made cutting the graphics difficult as the opus reader would have difficulty reading the true registration mark.

I found if something was rush and had to be laminated and cut, I would default to the 3M 2ml, but at a cost.

I tried the Oracal 3ml lam and it goes down virtually with no silvering at all!!! Can cut immediately after laminating speeding up work flow....

Thanks Oracal :thumb:

Patentagosse

In fact, I also use their 290 cast on many many jobs (even decals 'cause for smaller ones or complexe contourcut of letterings, it ease the weeding process).

The one I use is the F (290F) version which is on polyester backing, turning every laminating jobs into "wet look" glossy ones, right of the laminator. 'Works better than regular 290 on paper backing, not at installation (both are the very same material, only the backing is different) but at finishing step.

Only cost like $10 - $15 more per roll so you only have 1 roll to stock... :smile:

phototec

I have used lots of different 3ml laminates in the last 5 years or so and ran into silvering issues that made cutting the graphics difficult as the opus reader would have difficulty reading the true registration mark.

I found if something was rush and had to be laminated and cut, I would default to the 3M 2ml, but at a cost.

I tried the Oracal 3ml lam and it goes down virtually with no silvering at all!!! Can cut immediately after laminating speeding up work flow....

Thanks Oracal :thumb:

Me like OraGuard, both 210 and 290, each has it's place.

:thumb:

Attachments

• No 3M.jpg
    No 3M.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 70

TheSnowman

It's good stuff, but not as good as Arlon for laying with a BS. I like the Oracal better, but gotta give it to Arlon for the thick backing helping me out.