• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tif Files

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i can print a tiff from omega to my edge....otherwise, i'd suggest taking into photopaint or photoshop...convert it to rgb or cmyk then resave as another file type

CribIt

I'm actually sending it to another member on here to enlarge and print.
I have a feeling it's just being saved as a tif. This was on a disc from a photo store.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
TIF is just one image format among many and is widely used because of its lossless compression scheme. Any printer should be able to use it.

Enlarging any image file, regardless of the particular format is another matter altogether and should not be done by anyone who is not familiar with the associated challenges and difficulties in doing this satisfactorily.

mark in tx

Depending on the RIP being used to print, it can stay as a tif, or can be converted in photoshop to a psd in the correct working space.

CribIt

TIF is just one image format among many and is widely used because of its lossless compression scheme. Any printer should be able to use it.

Enlarging any image file, regardless of the particular format is another matter altogether and should not be done by anyone who is not familiar with the associated challenges and difficulties in doing this satisfactorily.

I thought he should be able to also but he says he couldn't open it. I got it converted to a jpeg and everything is ok now.
Thanks guys.