Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiff vs eps

Discussion in 'Roland' started by jason91, Jan 14, 2011.

1. jason91

jason91 Member

Oct 14, 2010
    knoxville
    I've got a couple colors that I have been exporting out of coreldraw that are giving me problems. Orange and purple. The purple I've got is awesome if I export it as a tif (rgb) and print...However I can export the same color as an eps(rgb) and its a totally different color?? Almost a blue....
    The problem is the orange I like is an eps (rgb) and I can't get the orange tif (rgb) to look as good as the eps. When I have to print these 2 colors together I'm stuck??? I usually export everything as an eps, because I do alot of cutcontour stuff. I've tried to match the tif printed purple to a eps printed purple with no luck? The tiff color just seem more saturated? Why is that?? I can get the eps purple the same tone, but it' not as bright and shiny?? Any ideas?
    Oh.... and the orange I'm trying to get is to match aluminum orange?

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    rgb bitmap the purple parts, and export everything (with orange still vector) as an rgb pdf...try it

3. jason91

jason91 Member

Oct 14, 2010
    knoxville
    I can't seperate them...they are in the same decal or wrap? Do you mean turn the purple into a bitmap iside of coreldraw?

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    yes but leave orange vector and export as rgb pdf...should work unless purple is above orange...

was just a thought

5. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Yup!

6. jason91

jason91 Member

Oct 14, 2010
    knoxville
    I'll try that...and see what happens...thanks

7. jason91

jason91 Member

Oct 14, 2010
    knoxville
    can't export or save as a pdf out of corel?

8. Tony McD

Tony McD Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Camdenton, Missouri
    File>publish to pdf

9. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    When you publish as pdf be sure your page size in corel is the size you want to print. Like if your image is 13" wide and the page size is the 8.5x11 it won't work. Use the custom page size and set it to what you want.

10. CentralSigns

CentralSigns Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Versaworks really needs to address the color profiling problems it contains. It's really flaky isn't it. Always something that isn't right.

11. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Versa works GREAT for basic sign printing. NOT so great on making color true prints. It is what it is.

12. jason91

jason91 Member

Oct 14, 2010
    knoxville
    will the graphic be as crisp as an eps or a tiff....becuase i don't see how it can be...the graphic goes from a 1gb (tiff or eps) to a 100mb pdf....It's got to be losing detail (resolution) somewhere?