Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiger King

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Texas_Signmaker, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    They are adding a follow up episode tomorrow. Seems odd that it's on Easter... everything about that show should be far removed from a religious holiday.

Tags:
  2. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Didn't Jesus cure the Leopards?

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    So tex whats your take on that disaster?
    You should watch the wild and wonderful whites of west virginia.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    All I can say is.... that's Oklahoma for ya. The only Texan in that show was trying to make $$ off that mess.

5. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Well, I made it though 8 minutes of that show before I had to stop because my brain was about to explode. They really need to put subtitles on there because I couldn't understand anything those people said... might as well of been speaking Chinese.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  6. Notarealsignguy

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    I couldnt follow that family tree the rest was good stuff. I swear that the one girl said her uncle was her dad and her sister was her mom. I hit rewind twice and gave up trying to understand that.

7. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    I couldn't make it through 5 minutes. I really don't see why it's such a hit... I get everyone is stuck at home eat hung Netflix..... But that show?! Come on.

8. AMGearhart

AMGearhart Member

Jan 15, 2016
    NC
    I won't watch those shows. I feel like it's rewarding people for being willfully stupid or just being a horrible person. From what I hear, it's like Jerry Springer on crack.

9. Notarealsignguy

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    So youre saying you dont watch honey boo boo either? Thats tex’s favorite

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
  10. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    first two episodes, are numbing. After that, holy hell. Interesting story, not just TigerKing himself but the three different perspectives on the same industry.
    worth the watch just to share the same WTF?!?conversations, but plenty of summaries online at this point to get the jist and save your soul from exhaustion.

11. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I'm sorry, but this is probably the worst thing out there. Reminds me of my glory days, me and the roommate scraping together change, buying a random 1/2 gallon bottom shelf whiskey, and drinking the day away while watching trailer park boys. Kindly makes me nauseous just thinking about it. Don't even get me started on Steve-o's really dark video series either. (don't mean to hate on your taste, but if I could go the rest of my life without seeing that one I would.)
    Go watch something good like the internet documentary, Lo and behold. Or John Dies at the End.

12. CSOCSO

CSOCSO I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.

Jul 18, 2012
    Florida
    Weird characters but Making a murderer is a bigger wtf story. in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Notarealsignguy

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    For lack of a better term, I think they were more intentionally slanted in making a murderer. The narrative led you to conclusions where tiger king seemed to tell the sides more independently.

14. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    Making a Murderer happened a few miles from me. I didn't know her but a lot of my friends did, he killed her in most peoples opinion around here without a doubt.

Anyway...TIGER KING!!! Total drama overload!!! I
    • Carol killed her husband
    • Joe got railroaded by all the felons - notice the only guy who wasn't in trouble with the government didn't get called to testify? No leg guy
    • Jeff stole the zoo, what a thief...an evil genius
    • Joe needs to learn that if he wants someone dead, he should not talk about it - he's his own worst enemy
    • Joe clearly blew up the studio
    • Animal abuse and killing tigers...on the fence looking at it from a farmers point of view.
    • Breeding - IDK, people breed dogs, cats, cows, chickens, horses. None of them would have their zoos if they weren't breeding, it's a perfect circle they have going. Bunch of crooks, all of them!
    • Carol is the worst of them, kill the husband for the money and recruit free labor, evil genius. She cooked up a great plan for publicity by going after Joe.
    • Eye of the Tiger - I used to picture Rocky in my mind...now I picture a fat guy on a wave runner ugh

15. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]
    Still haven't seen it, but now I can't get this out of my head.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1