• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tile Cutting

GraphixGirl

Hi there, I'm new here, just registered last night. This may sound like a very dumb question. I have been cutting with a Roland Camm 1 950 24" for a number of years and have never had the need to do any tile cutting. I use Signlab 5 and have read over the manual on this section. It seems pretty straightforward, but am nervous to actually try it. I have done cuts before where it goes to start cutting a second tile (must only be blank space though), after hitting the "OK" button, it just ends up back at the start position and is finished, but once that screen comes up in reference to starting to cut the second tile, am I able to move the vinyl into another starting position?
Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

stickerguynyc

depending of what software you are using... the is a function in the program that "advance after cutting" this is to move to the end of the first cut to beging the next cut. without this u will be cutting in the same part of the vinyl twice

OldPaint

in signlab is is THAT EASY.
make sue you have the media set at right width, is maine thing. if you object on screen is say 30" tall, it will take the 1st 23.50" of it and cut it, then it should move vinyl(MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH VINYL UNROLLED FOR IT TO DO THIS)forward then it will cut the other 5.50 " of the object and then will return to point of origin ,,,if you have set to that.

Pro Image

Howdee from VA...............

What ever your cutting.............Do a cut line in Signlab and panel the graphic yourself..........Then you'll know it will cut right.......

GraphixGirl

Thanks for the welcome! I've been online most of the day and reading posts...this place looks amazing...very informative and supportive...!