• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tiling in Onyx

gfxsigns

Hello,

We just purchased an FB500 and are going through the lovely learning curve process...machine was only installed a couple of days ago.

I am curious if someone could walk me through how I would panel a job with overlap/bleed.

The job is a 60' x 6' wall. We are printing on Alumiunm composite sheets (1/8" thick) and each sheet would be 48" x 72" in size. This would be a cake walk for us on the vinyl/mount to alu panel route but on the flat bed (especially being new to us) is causing a lot of stress/headache!

Onyx is new to us (we are used to Versa)-any suggestions on how to program onyx and or the machine would be great. I have been trying to play around with overlaps etc but seem to be at a road block. From the threads I read and people I have spoke to, I understand you have to use a negatve start and left margin and a positive right and end margin and it should balance out...but I don't know how to program those margins in..

Please help!

Thanks

gfxsigns

I should note that I would expect you would setup a new media size ie: 48x72 borderless media with a and program that actual size to 48.5 x 72.5 and select that when tiling? at least this is what the tech told us to do? From here I would tile, etc then send to the printer but at the printer when I load the media-do I program the media at 48.5" x 72.5" as it would have the bleed or so I program it to the true media size?