• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tiling in Versaworks

danjuan

Hi all

I'm having difficulties with tiling in Versaworks.

Basically, If I'm wrapping the rear doors of a van, I want the join to be where the doors meet, in order to do this I either need to have media wide enough to cover both doors or I need to join 2 parts up.

Let's say the left rear door is 1100mm and the right rear door is 800mm, I need tile 1 to be 1100mm and tile 2 to be 800mm let's ignore any bleed for the moment.

This will now give me a join bang in the centre of the doors bearing in mind I measured right and fitted the media spot on but it doesn't really give me much to play with where the doors meet.

On this basis, I need to add an overlap so the left door continues over to the right door by 50mm and vice versa, here's where I'm having my issue.

If I use the Top-Left overlap setting with a 50mm overlap, the left door stays at 1100mm and the right door increases to 850mm, so great for an overlap on the right door but I'm no better off on the left door.

If I change the overlap setting to All-Corners with a 50mm overlap, this appears to work but I'm getting crop marks all over the place taking up valuable space, it's also a bugger to line up.

Is there a better way to do this?

KapAg

To get the overlapping & media conservancy I need, I just set all the files up in Illustrator. Using multiple artboards you can basically tile everything the way you want, save as PDF, and import the multi-page PDF into Versa to print. I, personally, just like having more control over overlaps, spacing between prints, etc than what is usually available in most RIP softwares.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
To get the overlapping & media conservancy I need, I just set all the files up in Illustrator. Using multiple artboards you can basically tile everything the way you want, save as PDF, and import the multi-page PDF into Versa to print. I, personally, just like having more control over overlaps, spacing between prints, etc than what is usually available in most RIP softwares.

Totally agree. Well, except the illy part. lol
I make all the needed panels within corel then export each to the RIP as separate files

danjuan

Thank you. I might try it this way then.

I did find a work around I versaworks by extending door one by 50mm, this will then eat into door 2, so if I add a 50mm bleed this will give me the measurement back but instill need the 50mm overlap, so I just double the overlap instead.

So If I want door 1 to be 1100mm plus a 50mm overlap, I set door one to 1150mm, I then leave door 2 to use the remaining size and change the overlap to 100mm.

It works but it gets confusing and you can't do more than 2 panels.