• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tiling wall graphics tips

John McAfee

Good Morning, I'm new to large format file prep since we had Covid cuts. Any tips would be appreciated on tiling large wall graphics ie. 72' x 14'. I am working with Adobe products printing to roll printers (Colorado 1640, Mimaki UVJC-300, and HP Latex 570. TYIA

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well what RIP are you using? Onyx and Caldera both have built in tools for tiling. Just use them and ad overlap. Should also select to turn every other tile 180° around.
Make them only so wide that they are easy to install. What other tips you need?

John McAfee

Well what RIP are you using? Onyx and Caldera both have built in tools for tiling. Just use them and ad overlap. Should also select to turn every other tile 180° around.

We are using Thrive Rip. What does the 180 turn accomplish?

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
The 180 turn makes it so the edges that are overlapping are coming out of the printer on the same side, helping to make them match as best as possible. When you're printing bi-dirctional one side can sometimes be slightly less vibrant than the other.

John McAfee

The 180 turn makes it so the edges that are overlapping are coming out of the printer on the same side, helping to make them match as best as possible. When you're printing bi-dirctional one side can sometimes be slightly less vibrant than the other.
Thanks! Makes perfect sense

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Also run them with a colorbar. This helps with color continuity too.