• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Tiling wall graphics won't line up

George Marks

I'm an installer for a sign shop and whenever we have jobs that require tiling 2 or more large graphics they never line up perfect. I thought maybe I was stretching the vinyl during application but I've tried lining up the graphics on the table at the shop and it still won't stay perfect. Is there a problem with the printing process?

I also did an tiling install for a friend where he got the graphics elsewhere and we had the same issue

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
what press are you using and are you using software for the tiling or manually?

bannertime

Yes. Depends on the printer though. I'd assume HP Latex. Which means they need to run a media advance calibration and make sure to rotate panels.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Yes. Depends on the printer though. I'd assume HP Latex. Which means they need to run a media advance calibration and make sure to rotate panels.
I do this and occasionally have issues with lining up. It seems to happen most on jobs that are 4 or 5 panels, where just one out of the batch is off. And the length of the panel is different, almost like the art was stretched during printing.

Bly

We could get acceptable results on our 360s by turning off OMAS, printing the panels in sequence to minimise colour shift and print all panels together in one print run.
If you have to reprint a panel all bets are off.

sbergman

Our HP 365 was causing problems with panels not lining-up when printing vinyl (Oraject 3651). Our OMAS was broken and after fixing it we never had these problems again. We also run our jobs with the special hardware on the tension bar (weights that keep the tension minimal) and Long run consistency mode in the profile.

greysquirrel

are they laminated graphics? I think everyone addressed the printer issues...besides reduce heat. If laminated, make sure you have almost zero tension or brake being applied to the lamination film spindle...

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
The OP hasn’t actually replied since making the post. We’re all just guessing they have a HP. Could be a multitude of reasons I guess. Most posters have a habit of supplying information in dribs and drabs