• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Time Machine

Jon Aston

Some of you people are crazy, some hilarious, and some brilliant. And I love you all. Very interesting thread - thanks for starting it, Squeegee.

As far as the future of the industry is concerned, some combination of Fred and Squeegee's views would sum up my own. And the Chinese are in as much trouble as everybody else.

Mosh

I will be driving my black interceptor through the wasteland looking for gas with my dog.....

TheSnowman

I don't think in 10 years it'll look that different. Technology is nuts right now, but the new totally awesome stuff takes a LONG time to come down to where normal people can afford it. I remember like 12 years ago seeing my first HDTV, I think Pioneer made it, and it was like 20K. It took a long time for that to become something unreal to something a lot of people now have in their home...same with the home computer.

I think that the big boys doing LED signs, and things that computers control will definitely have a lot of the market, because it will become a one time purchase, and will be affordable. That being said...I think it will also be something that smaller shops can make a big investment in, and have the stuff to produce things that that in their own shop too, kind of like what buying a large format printer was, like 8-10 years ago.

Either way, our government will either finally get the hint that we want to be left alone, and not owned by another country, or we will be on our way to being owned by another country then...just depends how many people speak up. Might have a deal like Egypt has if stuff continues down this road 10 more years.