• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Time saving hacks!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
So generally I’m always looking for ways to make my life easier.

Even stuff as simple as cutting an L shaped bit of ACM to put on the back our canvases so I can quickly draw where the frame is meant to sit. Cost pennies but has probably saved hours and hours worth of time measuring.

Or even sonething as simple as when I’m weeding our single colour HTV, I tape the sheet to the desk, then tape a plastic tube to the back of the sheet (giving the bit I want to peel a start first). Then roll over the entire surface of the sheet, removing the excess. We do a lot of detailed stuff and this has saved me a lot of time! (Can get pictures if I didn’t explain well enough). Obviously it doesn’t weed the inside bits but takes off the large chunk of excess. (Ours is really sticky due to the detail mostly, so it takes a while longer than normal stuff). Amazing how much time a plastic tube has saved me! And it’s essentially the same thing as a weeding machine that you could spend 1k+ on.

Just wondering if you guys have any cool time saving tips that I should know about that I’ve probably missed!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So generally I’m always looking for ways to make my life easier.

Even stuff as simple as cutting an L shaped bit of ACM to put on the back our canvases so I can quickly draw where the frame is meant to sit. Cost pennies but has probably saved hours and hours worth of time measuring.

Or even sonething as simple as when I’m weeding our single colour HTV, I tape the sheet to the desk, then tape a plastic tube to the back of the sheet (giving the bit I want to peel a start first). Then roll over the entire surface of the sheet, removing the excess. We do a lot of detailed stuff and this has saved me a lot of time! (Can get pictures if I didn’t explain well enough). Obviously it doesn’t weed the inside bits but takes off the large chunk of excess. (Ours is really sticky due to the detail mostly, so it takes a while longer than normal stuff). Amazing how much time a plastic tube has saved me! And it’s essentially the same thing as a weeding machine that you could spend 1k+ on.

Just wondering if you guys have any cool time saving tips that I should know about that I’ve probably missed!

search "nifty tips" and you'll get all of mine

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
Are you cutting your stretched canvas with a machine? Ive got a system that produces about 800-1200 canvases per month by 1 person stretching them. Manually at that. I designed the wood bars myself and have a company produce 10 ft lengths and order 10,000 linear ft at a time. I’d be happy to share more if you can explain your stretching process more.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We just buy in loads of different bar sizes In 2” increments. Then build to suit the size requested. Canvas is then stapled on using a staple gun and any stretching tools if necessary. Then we bang In little wooden stretcher bits at the back.

We don’t do massive amounts of canvases unless we have a deal on etc around Christmas time, though. Just the little corner thingies did help loads!