• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Time to look at yourself...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This is a good time of year to review all that you have accomplished over the last year.

Did sales go up? Did sales go down? What type of work did you do more of this year? What type of work declined?

Are there jobs or products that you need to discontinue? Are there CUSTOMERS that you need to discontinue?

What are the goals for next year? Will you be adding equipment? Adding new products? Learning new skills? Do you need to add a new vehicle or retire one? Adding or renovating shop space?

Employee reviews.

It's time to take a break and look at your processes and figure out if the direction you are going in is the one you want to go in.

Johnny Best

boring.jpg

rjssigns

Not looking at anything. Also there isn't much going on for the holidays, which is fantastic. All new equipment in the shop, new computers, software etc... Work on the books for 2020. I'm good.

Jeremiah

Goal : Get quicker or a new way to send problem people down the street . Including problem new customers .

Peachtree Signs

Not looking at anything. Also there isn't much going on for the holidays, which is fantastic. All new equipment in the shop, new computers, software etc... Work on the books for 2020. I'm good.
What does your computer spec look like? I wanted a beefy computer but I think it's just mediocre, I've had Illustrator lag on me once already

rjssigns

What does your computer spec look like? I wanted a beefy computer but I think it's just mediocre, I've had Illustrator lag on me once already

New computer is a 2019 iMac. 3GHz six core i5, Radeon Pro 570x 4GB graphics and 1T Fusion drive. Presently at 8G RAM which will be upgrade to 32 or 64. Haven't decided which is best bang for the buck. Quirk with the 2019's I found interesting. 128g of RAM can be installed and used even though Apple says 64 is max.

So far it runs Adobe CC, Affinity Designer, and other software without a hitch. I'm sure that will change once I start the bigger projects.

dypinc

New computer is a 2019 iMac. 3GHz six core i5, Radeon Pro 570x 4GB graphics and 1T Fusion drive. Presently at 8G RAM which will be upgrade to 32 or 64. Haven't decided which is best bang for the buck. Quirk with the 2019's I found interesting. 128g of RAM can be installed and used even though Apple says 64 is max.

So far it runs Adobe CC, Affinity Designer, and other software without a hitch. I'm sure that will change once I start the bigger projects.

Definatly add more ram. That has got to be a struggle with only 8G. I would go at least 64G. Unix base systems just run better with lots of RAM.

I have 48G in my 2012 Mac Pro and it is not enough. After heavy Photoshop usage I have to close PS or I will run out of RAM.

Johnny Best

Definatly add more ram. That has got to be a struggle with only 8G. I would go at least 64G. Unix base systems just run better with lots of RAM.

I have 48G in my 2012 Mac Pro and it is not enough. After heavy Photoshop usage I have to close PS or I will run out of RAM.

Go into your PhotoShop Preferences / Performance and add to your Memory Usage, that will help not bogging down your PhotoShop because it seems you have enough RAM.

dypinc

Go into your PhotoShop Preferences / Performance and add to your Memory Usage, that will help not bogging down your PhotoShop because it seems you have enough RAM.

I have it set a 30G which is probably too high when I only have 48G. The main problem with PS is it is not releasing all that RAM and then it bogs down the system. Probably get a new Mac Pro as soon as the W5700X video cards become available then maybe put 128G on the system.