• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Time to research a plotter?

MGB_LE

We bought the Colex updated kiss cut tool. However, our results are not matching my expectations. That may be a learning opportunity, so I'm not blaming the tool. We're testing on Oracal 631 and the cut result is low fidelity to the the cut file. What feedback do you have to help improve our results. Buying a plotter is one option, but maybe an extreme solution to the challenges I see? I've include a screenshot of our cut settings as well IMG_9628.JPG IMG_9630.JPG IMG_9632.JPG IMG_9647.JPG

MGB_LE

We're seeing the "suggestion" of sharp corners but the execution is lackluster. The square in the center of the circle on the orange vinyl has maybe (1) 90 degree angle cut out of (4) corners. IMG_9624.JPG IMG_9625.jpg IMG_9627.JPG IMG_9631.JPG IMG_9693.JPG

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Do you have the correct knife selected in the settings? It looks like the knife offset is wrong in the setup.

Red has one good corner because it's the start and stop.

mim

0_o
It looks like an issue with the knife offset. For example, I switch between two knives, one that requires a 45 degree offset (angle) and one that requires a 90 degree offset (angle) so I have to go into the cutter's settings and make that change so the machine knows how to adjust itself.