• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tint/Edge of yellow

lucasdowden

I've been printing for around 4 years now and every now and then I get a print that turns yellow. Usually it is the edge of the print that turns yellow and it goes the whole length,I use orajet vinyl and oraguard laminate .. Any ideas why this happens?

bannertime

You should supply some more information like printer, inks, length of time before it yellows, laminate installation process, sunlight exposure, how it's mounted/installed, and maybe a picture or two of the issue.

MikePro

pending details of printer, and pictures as reference....
sounds like misalignment of your yellow.

lucasdowden

Printer - Mutoh 1204
Ink- PJ/VJ ECO ULTRA INK
I laminate the vinyl about 5 minutes after I print it. I have seen it change to a tint of yellow when I am in the process of laminating or recently after I have it installed on 22 gauge metal backing for a sign. It only happens now and then otherwise it turns out great.

Hope this helps

MikePro

maybe your laminate is old & yellowing?
i've had MacTac laminates turn my prints blue, which I always assumed was their UV inhibitors.

dgerb

Does it show at all before laminating? Is there any correlation to the section of the lam roll, where it happens at the beginning or end of the roll?

lucasdowden

The only correlation is that when the yellowish tint does show up it is always at the edge, never in the middle of the print