• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TINT FOR SHOP WINDOWS?

Andy D

I don't know the first thing about tint, but I hear it's not too hard to apply.
I need to tint our shop windows. I know I want that bronze metallic/mirrored tint
& I need to apply to the interior surface.

Any tips of brand, where to buy from and how to apply would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Kottwitz-Graphics

I don't know the first thing about tint, but I hear it's not too hard to apply.
I need to tint our shop windows. I know I want that bronze metallic/mirrored tint
& I need to apply to the interior surface.

Any tips of brand, where to buy from and how to apply would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Tint on flat windows isn't that hard. The one thing to remember is the wetter the better, and use a good quality slip solution. And they have to be super clean...

I purchased a good bit of film from Sunbelt...

Kenny Horowitz

Sunbelt Distribution Center

16820 Barker Spring Rd. [HASHTAG]#510[/HASHTAG]

Houston, TX 77084

281-579-0200

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I would hire a professional. You know, since I hate when clients come in and tell me how to do my job occasionally, and it always pisses me off. So I'd hire someone that knows what they're doing and free myself from the headaches.

bannertime

I would hire a professional. You know, since I hate when clients come in and tell me how to do my job occasionally, and it always pisses me off. So I'd hire someone that knows what they're doing and free myself from the headaches.

There's nothing wrong with DIY. What we wouldn't like is a sign shop selling tint with stuff off Amazon or maybe a glazier doing window lettering because they bought a cheap plotter. DIY, no problem, I'll sell you all the stuff you want.

Last edited:

Andy D

I would love nothing more, but it's not up to me :(

Here's the option we went with in our shop. These are tinted screens that roll up or down. The quality of these things is excellent, as we have many days when someone comes through the door and the wind hits them, but the film doesn't kink or scuff no matter how bad it gets whipped around. I couldn't tell you how much this option costs, because we traded 100 printed t-shirts for four of these shades and installation from a local tint company. It's a nice option if you like letting a little light inside at times.

Attachments

• 20181031_125041.jpg
    20181031_125041.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 140

LarryB

Window tinting is really easy to do yourself. I also bought from Sunbelt Distribution and used Madico films.

Get a spray bottle and put a couple drops of Dawn soap and fill with water. Scrape window first with razor blade and solution to get fine particles up. Coat window with spray. Get another person to help remove liner of tint. Use clear tape on both sides of liner and tint and pull apart to get liner off. It helps to have a person hold the film while the other person removes liner from the top.

While removing liner spray fluid on it. Get it completely covered and place on window. After tint is on window spray a lot of solution on tint. Get the large squeege they use to clean windows and squeegie out bubbles and water. I usually move onto the next window and let the tint dry before trimming out.

I've done a couple houses myself and saved a bunch of money.